“Great location for baseball park, football stadium and amusement park.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arlington

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Sydney
“Great location for baseball park, football stadium and amusement park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A reasonably priced place in a very convenient location. Rooms were clean and functional. Breakfast selection was great and the kids can enjoy the tennis and the pool. One minor problem was our air conditioning which was a bit noisy.

• Stayed May 2013
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I’m happy to hear that your kids enjoyed the sports court. The Residence Inn Arlington is in a great location. Close to Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, The Rangers ball park, and Cowboy Stadium. Sorry to hear about the noise from your air conditioning. We have been in the process of changing out units.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for the Red Sox series against The Rangers. This hotel more than met our needs. Checked-in early, at 1pm, with no problems I reserved a 2 room suite for $107 a night. We where assigned room 307, it was perfect. My son and I each had our our bedrooms, with a queen bed in each bedroom, our own bathroom, and our our own TV's. The room had a full kitchen, and living room with it's own TV. Our room(along with the rest of the property was spotless) We had no chemical cleaner smell in our room, and our room was super quite. The free breakfast was expected, but more than adequate, and the front desk answered all our tourist questions. If I had to complain, the breakfast area is cramped, if everyone shows-up at the same time, and the free shuttle Rangers Stadium is a great idea, as long as you don't mind waiting.

Room Tip: If you reserve a 2 room suite, ask for room 307. It's farthest away from all the all the other r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for all the nice comments. I was so pleased to hear that our staff is doing an excellent job and that we met all your needs. Our Two Bedroom, two baths are great for families. I’m glad you had a chance to experience our breakfast in the morning. It’s always nice to hear that our guest had a chance to experience our city. I’m glad that the front desk was able to answer all of your tourist questions.

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We only stayed 1 night to go to a concert. It was a pleasant stay. Room was clean and spacious. It was located very near local attractions... Cowboy stadium, Ranger Ballpark, Six Flags and Hurrican Harbour. Also near several food establishments.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I’m very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and the hotel met your needs. The staff takes much pride in making sure that all guests have a pleasant stay and the hotel rooms are clean.

The hotel is located in a great entertainment area. We have several restaurants within walking distance.

Midwest City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having never stayed at a Residence Inn I wasn't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised though.
Went down for the Red Sox games and the location was great. It's enough off the main streets to not get all the traffic noise.
Room clean and bed wasn't bad. Not the best but not the worst.

If there was one drawback was a cleaner odor. It smelled almost like Lysol or Pine Sol and was so strong when we first entered our room we almost gagged. After a few minutes though we must have gotten used to it as we couldn't smell it anymore. Yet whenever we would leave and upon return we were hit with the same strong odor again.

Otherwise not a great place but decent enough to stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I’m glad to hear that the Residence Inn Arlington was your first experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are close to a highway, but not to close that you hear all the traffic.

I’m sorry to hear about the deodorizer smell. The issue has been addressed with housekeeping and will not be using that fragrance any longer.

The hotel will be getting new beds and going through a renovation starting on July 23, 2013. The Residence Inn team looks forward to your return in the future.
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here just one night in order to go to the Rangers game. It's a Residence Inn, so I always like the rooms. It's not the best RI I've been too. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it just looked and smelled rather old. But the room was clean and neat, and the grounds were well kept. I also didn't realize they have no king beds here, or at least that is what we were told. So if you are accustomed to a king size bed, you'll need to sleep in a queen here. There was also roof construction going on, so the parking was limited. But that is not the hotel's fault, they have to fix things at some point. They do have a great staff though. Our limited interaction with them was that they were incredibly helpful and were never bothered by the many questions we were asking about the local area. The two young ladies at the front desk were just great. Also, if you are going to the Rangers, they have a 'red' trolley that takes you there, which is great to get to the game, but its very difficult to get coming back after the game. All in all it's just an ok Marriott property, but the great staff makes up for most things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and were extremely helpful to your needs. We are very excited to let you know that we are going trough a renovation right now so our hotel will be smelling fresh and will look alot newer and better. Our complimentary Trolley is a great for all our guest because they take you to the Rangers game as well as to Six Flags/ Hurricane harbor and other places around the city. They Also make sure they bring you back to our hotel.
The Residence Inn Arlington team looks forward to your return in the future
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for three nights from Friday to Monday - it was both a business and pleasure trip. The location was great to get to my meeting in Dallas on Saturday and Sunday in 20 minutes. It was also easy to get to all the trourist locations in Arlington. Short drive to Cowboys Stadium and good restaurants. It was also very easy to get to and from DFW. Staff was friendly and property well maintained. We would stay here again. My only concern is that the pool was too warm, but that's it. Good hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the area to meet your needs. We do have a lot to offer here, in the Arlington entertainment district. (Shopping, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, Ranger Ballpark, Cowboy Stadium, and can’t forget the restaurants). We have several to choice from, within walking distance.

I was happy to hear that our staff was friendly and well maintained. I’m glad you had a chance to experience our pool area. We will look into the temperature of the pool. Thanks again for all your comments and I’m looking forward to being able to accommodate you next trip to Arlington.
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn twice in the last two months, and if I have to go back to the area I would stay there again. The staff is amazing !!! They go above and beyond to make your stay with them trouble-free.

During my first stay I had a room on the second floor, on the first night there I heard every move that the guest in the room above me made, in addition, I heard their shower and also their toilet flushing. I called the front desk and made them aware of the situation and they assured me that they would move me to a new room as soon as one came available. I returned to the hotel around noon and they had a room waiting for me to move my things into. I did not have any noise problems in my new room!! I think this was an isolated incident because no one else in my training class had any of those noise problems. Sorry I don't remeber the room number.

I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel !!! At every encouter with any of the staff members they always addressed me by name, they always had a smile on their faces, and they are willing to do whatever needs to be done to make your stay a good one.

The breakfast was what is to be expected for free at a hotel. It wasn't bad at all but its a free meal at a hotel, (I think you get my point). The evening meal was actually pretty good !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I hate that you had experience a problem with noise. I was happy to hear that the hotel staff acted quickly and was able to move you into a more desirable room. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the evening meals. Thanks you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington? Share your experiences!