“Has it all” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Johnson City, New York
“Has it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've stayed here for three trips now and have stayed at other hotels in the area as well. The BBQ grill, outdoor pool, nice workout room, free hat breakfast, weekday cocktail hour & good size suites suit me just fine. The A/C in room is a bit noisy turning on and off during night as I'm a light sleeper, and the internet is kind of spotty at times. Overall, a very good place to stay, and I will keep coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel! I am so glad that our amenities are what you are looking for. I do apologize for the noise you experienced with your air conditioner and the trouble you had with the internet. I will alert our engineering department so they are aware. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

With warm regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

After staying up too late the night before I was slow to get moving in the morning and got downstairs 30 minutes late for breakfast. Mary at the front desk was quick to head back to the kitchen to see what was left and prepare me a plate! Eggs, hashbrowns, a muffin...much better than the granola bar I was about to have to buy. Thank you Mary, you made my day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy to hear comments about our staff delivering great guest service. I will pass this along to Mary to let her know.

I truly appreciate your feedback and I hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great hotel! The staff was pleasant, the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job, and the meals are good. I really enjoyed the drinks at social hour...nice touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments! I am so pleased that our staff helped to make your stay enjoyable. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the drinks at social hour. This is a new addition and feedback like yours lets us know to continue this.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the Residence Inn in Arlington this past weekend for a trip to watch a college game in Cowboy's Stadium. This hotel is a bit hard to find but other than that the staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The hotel is located across I20 from Six Flags in an area with many hotels and restaurants. I requested a late checkout for my sick son and his friend and the staff quickly agreed to give them till 2 p.m. The breakfast was standard Marriott fare and quite tasty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our hotel is hidden away in a quiet corner near area attractions, but I am so glad that our staff was accomodating for your family and that you enjoyed the breakfast!

Again, I truly appreciate your comments.

Wichita Falls, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This location is very good if going to Rangers or Cowboys game or to Six Flags. Front desk check-in could have been faster, but was pleasant. We stayed in a 2Bedroom/2Bath unit which was very comfortable. Restaurant choices close by aren't great, but we ended up driving about a mile to a Kroger's and picking up some fried chicken which was good and cheap! Breakfast, while not as good as Embassy Suites, was much better than average. The only draw back I can think of was that the front office/lobby/breakfast area is not connected to the suites - you have to walk outside and have a key to get into those areas and it was raining.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I truly appreciate your comments! I am so pleased that your stay was comfortable and relaxing. We are very close to the Rangers Ballpark, Cowboys Stadium, and the Six Flags attractions. Although the separatedness of our buildings makes our hotel feel more "homey," during rainy weather it can be a little too much like home! I am glad that your check in process was pleasant and we will look into how we can make that process quicker for future guests.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were here for a Rangers game, and the staff was very nice, the breakfast buffet had a great selection of foods and the food was good. This isn't a fancy place to stay, but it is extremely functional and spacious, and it is a great location for activities. The layout of the hotel itself is a little unusual but the room layout was very good. Our only complaint was that the walls are thin and you can hear things easily outside of the room. There was a party going on at 1:00 am (after midnight) by the pool that was extremely loud and went on for over an hour. It was surprising that it was allowed to go on that long. Other than that, it was a good stay. We would possibly stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It is so nice to hear that you liked our breakfast, staff service, and location. I apologize for the noise that you experienced and will follow up with our weekend security about this. Our pool is only open until 10pm, even on weekends, so this should not have occured. We love that our guests have a great time, but we like to be respectful of all guests at the same time.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were celebrating our daughter's 16th birthday and the choice couldn't be better!!! The staff was always very friendly, professional, and polite. The suite was so pleasant, clean, and homelike that we enjoyed it as much as the outdoors fun. The variety and quality of the breakfast impressed us! They had something for everybody, including the complimentary coffee flavors they offered during the whole day, every day. Our family had a wonderful vacation and our daughter couldn't be happier... a birthday celebration to be remembered!!! We will definitely recommend this hotel if you want a really special experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Erick,

Happy belated birthday to your daughter! Sweet 16! I'm glad we could we help to make her birthday special. Residence Inn's rooms are designed to feel like your "home away from home" and it sounds like you certainly felt like you were home! I appreciate you saying that you will recommend our hotel in the future.

Thank you for your nice comments and be sure to visit us again soon!