“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Port Aransas, Texas
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went last night it was crowded ,mainly because it was Monday and most restaurants in the area are closed.the wait staff was slow but friendly a little understaffed ,I ordered the Shrimp Scampi which tasted more like Cajun. had a baked potato )on the dry side and dinner salad with an under ripe tomato) a little over priced as I had to eat some more when I got home Portions were small My dinnermate had stuffed shrimp which were bland Nice water view and location

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great Food, Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I frequently drive 45 minutes to eat here, as opposed to comparable quality places in my area. I recommend the Seafood Gumbo for starters. It's amazing! It is a little expensive, but the cost of seafood is high. You get what you pay for. Then I get Grilled Tuna with a Basalmic Reduction with a side of wild rice. I find it reasonably priced for the portion (around $22 for a good size filet.) I paid almost $50 at a different place because the price of tuna has gone up drastically. Crab-n has kept portions reasonable and prices low enough that the average person can afford it.

For people that complain about the price, I suggest going to Long John Silver... They have the lowest prices (and also the worst food!)

If you want great food at reasonable prices, this is the place.

Texas Hill Country
“Just OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I went to the CrabN after finding out our regular place to eat (while in the Aransas Pass Area) was closed for vacation. I had the angel hair pasta with 5 shrimp ($21.00), and he had the fried oysters (nine small oysters for $20.00). The food took about 35 minutes to arrive, but was pretty good (but a bit too much garlic!). In my opinion (considering the restaurant was right on the water in the best fishing hole on the gulf) the food was very over priced for the portions. The staff was very friendly and efficient, but the prices hurt my feelings. The catch of the day was flounder and it was in the thirty dollar range for a single meal.I had a margarita on the rocks that tasted very artificial and was mostly ice for $9.00. I can't say this restaurant is on my list to re-visit. Too bad because it's in a great location.... I just can't afford to eat there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TXbefair, Owner at Crab-N, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We thank this customer for dining with us. Unfortunately, a number of the prices quoted were incorrect as well as the number of shrimp stated on the pasta entree (7 not 5 and $18.99 not $21.00).
Flounder dinners (with two sides) are $21.99, and are $30.00 only if you have a major upgrade (pecan crusted and topped with crab & roasted pecan relish-- our most expensive dinner).
Oyster dinners are $18.99. not $20.00.
Margaritas are about $6.95 not $9.00 unless you order premium tequilas & liqueurs.
We continue to work to provide a satisfying hospitality experience for all our guests.
Houston, Texas
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just visiting Rockport for the first time and this restaurant was recommended by a shop owner in Port Aransas. The shrimp-crab bisque and the bourbon pecan pie were excellent. I'm sure I will be going back there soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockport, Texas, United States
“It was Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have lived in Rockport since 1974 and Friday night was my first time to eat at the Crab-N. It was pricy but the shrimp-crab bisque was exceptional. I even took and cup home. It was my Tom's b'day. The chocolate cake for dessert was to die for. It was no more expensive than Charlotte's. Great food. Our waitress was another thing. She didn't check on us even once. I had to call her over for service. The waitresses need to stay somewhere else than the table by the door, texting, talking and eating instead of doing their jobs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere