“Bed bugs...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Inn Aransas Pass

Pelican Inn Aransas Pass
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aransas Pass
You added Pelican Inn Aransas Pass to your Saves list
545 North Commercial Street, Aransas Pass, TX 78336   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Aransas Pass
“Bed bugs...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had to pay for the cancellation fee and left 15 minutes after we arrived...very nice lady, but TERRIBLE place. Feces and hair in the toilet. The front desk lady was nice, but please...do NOT stay here!

• Stayed September 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Elgin, T
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room 104 was full of small roaches (under 1/8th of an inch) and all in the sheets after we pulled the covers back at 2am to go to bed....went to the office and managers wife was rude and said: "You stayed in there last night"......explained I didn't see them last night and wouldn't have stayed if I did. Scary part was that when I smushed one of them it had blood in it, was afraid it had got the blood out of me! Yuck....paid $156 and only offer to reimburse me and leave for that one night was $30. Just don't stay here! Try the Hampton Inn or Mariners on 361, they are great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is infested with bugs and should be shut down. The staff is very rude and from the looks of things they don't really care about their business. I would not allow my worst enemy to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ants all over room roaches bed bugs and spiders . House keeper barges in to the room after telling her I didnt need anything and came back 5 minuets later and barged in again while I was fixing to shower seeing me completely naked I practicly had to push her out the door and came back again barging in and asked if I wanted sex ! Heck no I had to lock the door to keep her out . Breakfast is very poor with roaches and fruit flies everywhere. Parking is not good no pool and rooms are very outdated. Would not recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We went on a fishing trip and stayed here for the weekend. Pros: it was pretty close to Red Fish Bay, and they had cable.. yep that's about it. The rooms were alright, but the door was not properly sealed and it was clear it had been a while since the room had been scrubbed clean. There were grime marks in both the sink and shower and their full size towels were kinda small. We ordered a pizza from the Domino's down the street, ate a few slices and took a brief nap. Upon awakening, I decided I wanted another piece of pizza (about 3 hours later.) I took a few bites and noticed my hand was quite ichy. I looked down and saw little bugs crawling inside the crust and on my arm!! The place includes breakfast, but with the pizza experience the afternoon before, we didn't trust or even bother to try that. Another issue we had was that the rate ($90/night) was so high. We stayed in a really nice hotel (in Dallas) the weekend before our fishing trip for about the same price, and were thoroughly satisfied there. We will probably just stay in Corpus Christi or Port A next year due to our poor experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Burnet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is absolutely the worst place you could imagine! Bed bugs, ants and I have no idea what the other bugs in the room was. Sheets were dingy and stained, towels were dingy, room smelled horrible, the bed was like sleeping on a box springs, the whole room was just nasty! There was a huge gap under the front door which I would assume thats how the bugs got in. The shower was nasty and falling apart, the parking lot was so small you can't fit everyone into it. They claim to have an ice maker, and yes they do, 1 ice maker for the entire hotel which didn't even work! They claim to have a laundry they do have 1 washing machine and 1 dryer outside that don't work, I could go on and on, We stayed in the room for a couple hours before we had bugs crawl on us and we went to sleep in our car because the front desk refused to refund us our money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Inn Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!