“Terrible Stay...... Outstanding (front desk) customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Aransas Pass

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Aransas Pass to your Saves list
Super 8 Aransas Pass
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   500 East Goodnight Avenue, State 35 to Bus 35 to Hwy 361, Aransas Pass, TX 78336   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Aransas Pass
“Terrible Stay...... Outstanding (front desk) customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We went to this hotel thinking it was going to be nice because according to the pictures online it looked to be an updated and very clean place..... Guess its true what they say pictures can be deceiving. We paid 65$ a night which isn't too bad, but for what we got it was!! We were greeted and the front desk clerk was very nice!! We walked up the stairs and this smell was horrible we are all smokers but the stench of the stairway and hallway was RIDICULIOIS! We walked Into our Non smoking room because I cannot stand the smell of smoking inside! The airflow was not on so the room was about 95 degrees and stunk to high heaven we got ready left everything on high and heads out because it was just too much. After several hours we returned and it was at least cooler but even after spraying our body spray everywhere the stench wouldn't go away. You get 2 flat flat pillows and the beds are very uncomfortable. I'm actually sitting at the chiropractor right now because my back hurts so bad, we ended up having to go get pillows from Walmart because they wouldn't give us any extras. The next day we aske for towels and the guy was arguing with us because we had 3 towels and 4 people. Of course we needed another towel the guy argued with my brother inlaw and finally we had to give him the small towels and wash cloths as a trade for 1 large towel. I will never stay at this place again!! Breakfast is pointless also, you cn choose between 2 cereals or wheat toast or white toast. You can't do better then that??? Really! Come on people we spanned anywhere between 60-120 a night there u have your family working the desk and housekeeping so I'm sure they are getting screwed and you can't provide anything but the bare minimum.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The room was horrible. The bath tub wad not clean covered in hair. And the sheets were dirty. I asked to switch rooms and the second room they put us in was ten times worse. It is obvious that a change needs to be made with the management. Think twice before staying here.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Aransas Pass hotels

Mesquite, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This place was so bad and so dirty and has bugs Look like someone got sick on the bathroom wall and it was never cleaned up. I had to take a shower in my shoes because the tub was so dirty . they should be ashamed to take your money

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night and I woke up the next morning covered in itchy welts/bites. I showed them to a pharmacist and mentioned we were staying in a hotel and he said they were most likely bed bug bites. We asked for our money back and quickly left.

• Stayed June 2012
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The place is a little old but good considering. The rooms are clean and come with mini fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker which makes it better than the last La Quinta I was at. The pool and lobby are well kept. The front desk clerk was awesome, although the whole weekend I only saw the one she works days and nights, but I'm sure the rest are fine too. All in all I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you book online and expect multiple beds, call the motel direct to make sure, some websites autom...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel is small but the staff is friendly specially the manager Mr. Patel. The breakfast consisted of milk, juice, cereal, fruit and coffee. The room was clean but the last day I saw a little roach walking over the refrigerator. A/C worked great! Very close to the HEB. I paid $59 for double beds room through Hotwire but you can get better deal joining to the Motel 8 program.
I will stay again in this hotel but for less than $50.

Room Tip: Get one in the second floor far from stairs and pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A nice clean place at a fair price. The breakfast is not much so go down to the Bakery Cafe on Main St. This hotel has a friendly front desk staff. The pool is clean and their is plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!