“Would not even let my dog stay there!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Travelodge Aransas Pass
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   545 N. Commercial, Aransas Pass, TX 78336   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Nebraska
“Would not even let my dog stay there!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

We were very disappointed by the Travelodge in Aransas Pass. We drove about 18 hours and when we got to the hotel the outside from far down the road didn't look bad, but when you get closer it is a complete [--]. I wouldn't even let my dog stay there. In the pictures it looks alright, but even when you walk in the office to check in it's a dump! The lady checking us in was kind of a spook and no shoes with dirty feet. When we went to the room that she gave us the first thing I wanted to do when I opened the door was cry because we had booked ahead with Expedia a month in advance. The room smelled horrible like old smoke and must from all the mold, and spray where they obviously tried to cover it up. The fridge reaked and was covered by mold under the bottom, the walls and the bathroom and also the baseboards all had mold all over it. The carpet looked like someone took a crap all over it and then walked in grease and walked all over the carpet. There were bugs hanging out on the walls including a roach. The bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned especially the tub! I wouldn't dare get in without shoes because there was definately the potential for some funk in there. I was absolutely grossed out!! We contacted Expedia right away and they were very helpful. They contacted the hotel while I was on hold, and spoke with the manager. Then she decided to charge us $25.00 penalty for canceling. Expedia promptly refunded us our money and are sending us a voucher for the $25.00 penalty. Thank god we didn't have to stay in that craphole! Not to mention that after the supervisor from Expedia talked to the manager and while my husband was still on the phone with them the spooky office lady kept trying to get into our room. When she came in she said,"Oh you're still here bring the keys by the office when your done here." I felt a sense of relief after returning the keys and driving off knowing I didn't have to spend the night there and I got my money back.

• Liked — Nothing it was gross!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

I booked this hotel and then noticed the reviews. I was so scared and thought about cancelling, but decided to go ahead since it was just one night. I also realized the reviews are old. Well this place was great for the price. It was Memorial Day Weekend, and we stayed for a great price. The beds were comfortable and it served its purpose. I didn't see any bugs or roaches and the staff was friendly. The pool did have strong chlorine smell and towels were ragged. However, I took my own and had a great stay!

• Liked — price and close to the beach
  • Disliked — raggedy towels
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Crosby TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

We should have read the tripadvisor reviews, but didn't. We booked there because it was a trusted national chain, but this place is a dump. The only reason we stayed was because it was 2:30 a.m. when we arrived. There were cockroaches in the room, there were no washcloths, the carpet was filthy, the bathtub drain was clogged. The coffeepot was so dirty that we didn't even make coffee. The whole room was rundown and the repairs that had been made were made very badly. We will NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room was terrible
Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
killeen texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

This hotel was hard to find. The pool was green and swampy looking. There were five of us booked in this hotel and they would only give us two towels. When we asked for more they were upset. there were cockroaches in the room. The masquitos were very bad inside the room. You could only take a shower no way to plug the bath and we had our three young boys with us.. most of the lamps did not work. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.. There were also a lot of stray cats all over the place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

There were cockroaches in the hallways, and mesquitos in the rooms and biting us during our stay. The room never got cooled down, the doors didn't shut all the way without closure with our body weight. The lamps didn't work but one. The fridge smelled gross and never got cool, and was not clean. It was a very horrible stay and I would not recommend to anyone!

Stayed June 2007
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

This motel is a dank, depressing, run-down dive. The smell of mold in the room was overpowering; this was most likely due to the dripping air conditioner soaking the carpet. We booked two nights, but left after one. It was intolerable. It ruined our trip. I'd camp in my car before I'd stay here again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid at all costs
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

I reserved a handicapped room. None available when we got there. I had to walk upstairs, took 5 minutes each way. I booked no smoking room. The smoking symbol, on the door was taped over. It stunk. The door had a 1/2 gap all around and the room was damp. It had a queen bed and there was no room to walk. The walkway in front of the room was littered with cigarette butts. A flea ridden cat followed us and tried to get into the room. The bath towel was the size of a good hand towel.

The motel advertised continental breakfast. They had 6 danishes, about the size of a small donut, the coffee was not made. I asked the clerk about it and she turned away and did not answer me. I then checked out and said goodby, she looked at me with pure hate. I don't remember saying anything or doing anything.

It was very inexpensive, but that should have been the tip off. You get what you pay for. I paid little and got less.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this place. It has serious problems.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!