“It wasn't ALL bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Aransas Pass
San Antonio, Texas
“It wasn't ALL bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I went with three of my good friends for spring break, and when we checked in, the lady wasn't very friendly, I got more conversation out of the cleaning crew. When I asked the lady at the front for more towels, as there were only two, she said I'd have to wait until the next day, so on my way back to the room I asked the cleaning crew and she gave me more towels AND two sets of clean sheets. The bathroom wasn't that fantastic, with cracks and stains everywhere, but perfect for us kids who were spending more time on the beach than in the room.

Room Tip: Not the best place for a family trip
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Never again!!!!! bath towels yellow, carpet nasty trash on floors ants and ants in rooms! They gave me the key to a room went to room, and chair was nasty, ants on night stand and dresser. I went and told them they gave the next room well little bugs on dresser, i just felt dirty in that room. dint even want my kids to walk with out shoes. beer bottle tops on side of bed candy wrappers on floor & i know it was not my kids with candy cause i would not eve let them eat in that room. In the middle of the night something was crawling on my face, who knows what it was!!! I had food (snacks) well hell no, no eating in that room cause they are gross!! they really need to clean the room dusty everywhere!!! the free breakfast who knows what and how it was!!! they need to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! i should of read the comments on here before i booked this room!! but for sure never again at this Travel lodge!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TEXAS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

The room, toliet seat held on by one screw ,Toliet tissue jamed in by toliet flusher you had to drag it out to use it, Breakfast now thats a joke,8am went to get coffee got half a cup empty container ,Choice 2 cereals , milk warm in there so called fridge ,And one bottle sunny delight for juice.Thank goodness there is a donut place across the street where we could get the kids at least klolaches. The headboard fell off when we got the sheets undune from it. Worst place I have stayed in in many years in that area .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I/We Rented two rooms at this dump on oct. 18th of 2008. in room 121 my sister found a big spot of blood on the underside of the bed spread,filthy carpet,spiderweds.In room 123 i/we found the carpet filthy,spiderweds, black ring around the drain in the tub. mouse droppiing on the tray under the coffee packages. the pool was so filthy that it could not be used. The ice machine had mold in it. Hair on the sheets. (not ours.)we have pictures of all this., which we showed the the day clerk. Who refuned the 2nd nite that we had already paid for. the reason we stayed the first nite was because we were so tired. We had just drove stright through from TN. , because our Father was dying, which he did pass away.

pflugerville, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

My family stayed here the night before our annual Port Aransas beach trip. We wanted a cheap place to stay, and boy did we get it ($59) but this place is AWEFUL! There were stray cats everywhere in the parking lot (probably to eat the mice) and ROACHES crawling in our room (we saw 2). I'm not a super picky person but I barely slept all night for fear of bedbugs, roaches, etc. The room had such a strong smell of cleaning products to mask the smoke smell (though we requested a non smoking room). We'll set our standards a little higher next time.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — roaches, bad smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Aransas Pass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

I don't know what more I could have expected for $48 dollers a night, I guess. But I did expect more from a Wyndham chain. The room smelled like sewer, the air conditioner froze up after being on for a couple of hours, the cable kept turning off, there were ants all over the room and bathroom, and I did not receive my wake-up calls that I requested. This is quite possible the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Next time I will go back to the Seaside Motel...they are fabulous!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

We were very disappointed by the Travelodge in Aransas Pass. We drove about 18 hours and when we got to the hotel the outside from far down the road didn't look bad, but when you get closer it is a complete [--]. I wouldn't even let my dog stay there. In the pictures it looks alright, but even when you walk in the office to check in it's a dump! The lady checking us in was kind of a spook and no shoes with dirty feet. When we went to the room that she gave us the first thing I wanted to do when I opened the door was cry because we had booked ahead with Expedia a month in advance. The room smelled horrible like old smoke and must from all the mold, and spray where they obviously tried to cover it up. The fridge reaked and was covered by mold under the bottom, the walls and the bathroom and also the baseboards all had mold all over it. The carpet looked like someone took a crap all over it and then walked in grease and walked all over the carpet. There were bugs hanging out on the walls including a roach. The bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned especially the tub! I wouldn't dare get in without shoes because there was definately the potential for some funk in there. I was absolutely grossed out!! We contacted Expedia right away and they were very helpful. They contacted the hotel while I was on hold, and spoke with the manager. Then she decided to charge us $25.00 penalty for canceling. Expedia promptly refunded us our money and are sending us a voucher for the $25.00 penalty. Thank god we didn't have to stay in that craphole! Not to mention that after the supervisor from Expedia talked to the manager and while my husband was still on the phone with them the spooky office lady kept trying to get into our room. When she came in she said,"Oh you're still here bring the keys by the office when your done here." I felt a sense of relief after returning the keys and driving off knowing I didn't have to spend the night there and I got my money back.

• Liked — Nothing it was gross!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!