“BED BUGS” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Austin
“BED BUGS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Beware! Checked in and started to get comfortable and the next room was very loud. Called downstairs and turned the lights on and looked at our bed to see quite a few bed bugs. Promptly called back the front desk and were moved to another room. If moving to another hotel had been an option I would have taken that. New room had no signs of bed bugs but not super clean either. Just gross!!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
exas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel was clean inside and nicer than what I expected for this area. Costs were a bit high for staying in Angleton but I was happy to have a clean room and good customer service. The room near the front desk was a little noisy but I wanted to be on first floor. The area is convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I want to thank you for your kind comments and business. Might I suggest our book early and save option to get a better deal the next time you are in the area. If you know at 2 weeks in advance that you will be in the area we offer some very deep discounts. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Lufkin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Check in was easy. There was a very musky smell in the hotel hallways and the room was very musky odor. The air conditioner did not work, I could have opened my window if I had any and been cooler in the room. The bathroom was in very poor shape. The location is decent and I would not recommend this hotel to any friends or family. My overall experience was very poor at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want to offer a sincere apology for the unpleasant stay you had at our hotel. We are going through some renovations at our hotel through the early part of 2014 to address the issues you experienced, I hope this will entice you to give us another shot to gain your business back.

Austin TX, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is well kept up and clean, although some of the furnishings are a bit dated and worn. The mattresses could definitely use an update to something cushier. Make sure to ask what kind of room you are being given, I was placed in a disability access room which I neither needed nor requested and really missed having an actual full bathtub instead of a roll-in shower. The hotel was full enough that changing rooms would not have been possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

First I would like to thank you for your business, we know you have a choice when it comes to lodging accommodations. I want to apologize for mix up in the room type you received, we hope in the future we can get correct to make sure your stay is nothing less then excellent. I hope our soon to be finished renovations will entice you to give our hotel a shot again!

Mobile, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel feels seedy, but priced comparable to more expensive competitors. Rooms are dim and worn. Furniture is ripped, stained, and generally worn. Rooms and hallways have an unpleasant moldy odor with an attempt to be masked by some type of air freshener. I would recommend to anyone working in Angleton, that they stay in another area and drive in for meetings/work activities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mike P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay here at our hotel, but we are going through some renovations through the early part of 2014. My staff and I hope we can gain your business back in the future. We look forward to you hopefully giving us that opportunity!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our family has had Standing reservations for past 6 years and will continue doing so during Fair/Rodeo. Clean, comfortable rooms with Super customer service. Met with simling,happy employees upon check in and hassle free check out service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We thank you for your CONSTANT business, and we look forward to seeing you next during the Brazoria County Fair!

Angleton, TX

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton? Share your experiences!