“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Andrews
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Booked this in advance for business. Booked multiple rooms for my crew, paid in advance. Contractor cut our trip short, owner agreed to credit the rooms for our return three weeks later. Also, we would have to return at a later date to finish project. Owner did not honor our agreement and now will not return phone calls. Would give zero stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Clint M,

We appreciate your review and would like to speak with you directly. Please contact me at (432) 524-4800. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Elly Salazar
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was supposed to stay at this hotel this past week. Found a better deal at the Hampton Inn in midland. Tried to cancel the day of, and they refused, which is completely ridiculous. Then a girl specifically told me it would be 164 $ to cancel all four rooms for the night. She never said 164 per room, she also told a coworker the same thing. Now she ran my credit card 4 times for 185 dollars. They are refusing to refund my money due to poor communication on their part. I will NEVER book with this hotel, and the bad part is, I cannot even get a manager to call me and speak with me. All information is relayed.

• Stayed May 2013
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Rbyrd25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the customer service you received at our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of our staff.

Per the hotel's cancellation policy, which is shared with all guests via reservation confirmation e-mails, guests can cancel their reservation by 6pm the day before arrival. Otherwise, guests will be charged for one night per reservation. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation policy, I would be glad to discuss it over the phone. You can reach me at (432) 524-4800. Just as for the General Manager.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Andrews, TX is in the middle of the West Texas oil boom. Rooms at nicer locations are hard to come by. There is not much to choose from in this location, but fortunately Holiday Inn has this relatively new location. Stayed here Monday, January 21 for a meeting in town the next day. The location is on South Main Street at one end of town. The hotel was clean as was the suite I stayed in. The suite was very large. It was twice the size of a normal room. Along with a work station (free wi-fi), there was a table and four chairs, a pull-out sofa, coffee table, wet bar, and lots of cabinet storage for extended stays. The suite also had a very large balcony with table and chairs overlooking the outdoor pool for those warm West TX summer months. A micowave, fridge and large screen Samsung TV with cable were also availble in the suite. The bathroom was also very clean and featured a large, walkin shower with a rain-shower type shower head. The only issue i had with this bathroom was the lack of a sink plunger to close the sink when cleaning my contacts.
The private business center office was located on the first floor near check in. There is a door for quiet privacy. Nice computer/printer for anything you need to print, fax, check e-mail, etc. The wi-fi in the rooms worked well. The king-size bed was comfortable.
The large "common" room was just off the entry/check-in. It too was very comfortable with large sofas and dining tables for the morning breakfast. There is also a large screen TV for the morning news. The breakfast included everything from cheese omelets, bacon, biscuit gravy to pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc... It was surprisingly good for this type of fare. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Also along the main hall is the small workout room with nice, professional equipment and the usual flatpanel TV. This room was in use several times during my stay.
Generally, for the the cost-conscious traveler this was a good place to stay in an area where there are limited options. But book ahead because there is so much 'oil bidness' taking place in this area that rooms can be tough to find. Cudos to this owner for keeping the prices reasonable for the average traveler.

Room Tip: Because this hotel fronts on the main highway, a room to the back may be quieter for a light sleeper...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mark T.,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that the hotel's offerings met your needs. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the hotel staff. They do their best to guarantee that each guest has a positive experience and a comfortable stay. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Andrews, TX area.

Elly Salazar
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here Easter weekend of this year attending a family members funeral. Very nice on the outside but very disappointed when we went to our room and during our stay especially since this is a fairly new hotel. Our first room had black stains on the walls & floors, broken closet door & dusty. We were moved "up" to a suite which was not much better. There were men in the parking lot & lobby w/coolers of beer drinking. Very uncomfortable for a female to walk in & be gawked at.

Room Tip: Very dirty & uneasy due to oil field workers drinking in the open
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Anna Z.

Thank you for your honest feedback on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your opinion and view it as an opportunity to continually improve our service.

Since your stay in April, we have implemented a more rigorous Maintenance Program to guarantee that rooms are refreshed to meet the highest of standards. I am confident that our guest rooms will meet your expectations the next time you stay with us.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to better serve our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you are in the area.

The Management Team
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Andrews
Roswell, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I'm giving this hotel a low score because of the owners ridiculous cancellation policy. I had business in Midland, TX but because of the oil boon, I couldn't find a decent hotel for the Tuesday night I needed to stay. I booked a room at this hotel (1 hour away from Midland) at 3:30 pm Monday, the night before my stay. The next morning I checked the hotels in Midland and one of them had a cancellation. Yeah, I thought, now I can stay where I need to. I called the Holiday Inn Express to cancel my reservation only to be told that I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $200+ (the absurd cost of my room). Of course that would be foolish to do, so basically they had me hostage. Apparently I didn't read the cancellation policy close enough. Typically you can cancel by 6:00 pm the day of your arrival - not here though - you have to cancel by 6:00 pm the day PRIOR to your arrival date. I talked to the asst. mgr and the manager and they said "sorry, it's our policy". The hotel itself was fine, definitely not worth $200+ per night (c',mon, it's Andrews TX!) but it is pretty new and the staff was very nice and apologetic. I found out that it is owned and operated by J&R (or H) Property Holdings, a husband and wife out of California who very seldom visit the hotel. Maybe they can get away with this in CA but as far as I'm concerned I'm telling everyone I know to STAY AWAY from this hotel - maybe if they face enough nights of empty rooms they will rethink their cancellation policy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear 4dpkeith,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. We value each and every guest’s opinion.

I apologize for the confusion you experienced regarding our hotel’s cancellation policy. We do our best to align our cancellation policy with industry standards, and include our cancellation policy on our website and in e-mail confirmations.

If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss ways of making our hotel’s cancellation policy more visible, I’d love to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Bob Lowrance
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Andrews
(432) 524-4800
Comanche, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The room was excellent. The staff went above and beyond to please. All needs were met. The staff worked dilligently to provide us a room on the third nite we were there as we didn't know we would need three nights and the hotel was booked up. They were glad to be of assistance. Very customer oriented and it showed. Thank you for a nice carefree stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you like to spend hours on the phone reserving a room(s) after repeated staff cancellations, sleeping on the floor because the roll away that you were promised was not available upon check in, taking cold showers "because everyone in the hotel decided to take a shower at the same time", listening to other customers conversations through the restroom vents, or poor customer service, then this is the hotel for you! This staff does not get the concept that a confirmation number means that your room has been reserved and is not available to "rebook" to another guest. Our team has stayed at many Holiday Inns and other hotels and this experience has been the worst ever. What a nightmare!!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. It is worth the trip to stay in Midland or Odessa! Skip the headaches wi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Silver S:
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, I wish to extend my most sincere apologies for your experience during your most recent visit.
I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations for all our guests. Your comments are taken very seriously as I have shared them with all staff throughout the property. Your comments enabled me to target a problem area and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I ask that if you are in the area again to please allow us to better serve you and your family and to show you the customer service that you deserve and we are accustomed to provide.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews? Share your experiences!