“Quality in every way.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo West

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo West to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Quality in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

The Quality Inn and Suites was everything I expected and more.
1. The staff couldn't be any friendlier.
2. The room was spotless.
3. The ice machine was in the laundry room so no one could hear it.
4. The Hot breakfast was a great start to the day. Much better than the typical "Continental Breakfast" you normally get.
5. All of the appliances and furnishings in the room were in great shape.
6. The best part was, the rate. Very reasonable.

I hope they keep up the good work. And the next time I am in Amarillo, I with out a doubt will stay there.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

We were in Amarillo for an AAU basketball tournament for 12 years old girls. Our group had reservations for 10 rooms, each with kitchenettes. When we arrived at the hotel to check into the rooms, one of our party had already checked in and had been moved 3 times because of bugs. The room also did not come with pots, pans and utensils for the kitchenette. We then proceeded to the office to advise them we were not checking in because the rooms had been misrepresented. We were told by management that we would be charged $100 each. I understand that each hotel is owned by individuals but the company name is what we went by. I recommend everyone check a room before they check in. I now have a bad taste in my mouth for Quality Inns.

• Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

I'm glad I made a stop here. It's very nice. I got a King non-smoking room on the second floor in the back (I asked to be away from I-40.) It was clean, "very roomy, (like a studio apartment.)" had a super-comfy bed, fast internet access, etc. and was under $70. I would definitely stay at this hotel again; I liked it.

• Stayed March 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

Although clean, the non-smoking room smelled faintly of stale smoke, perhaps from the maids? Otherwise an OK room, apparently redone fairly recently. The breakfast was reasonably good. Having high-speed internet acces was nice.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2002

I have stayed at this hotel on average 12 to 14 nights a year for the past 5 or 6 years. It's gone from really good to really bad and is now somewhere in between. I prefer it because it's nice and roomy and the rates are inexpensive but I always end up feeling the place needs a bit more care. It's not disgusting or anything, although it was at one time to the point that I stayed elsewhere a few times, then checked it out again and it was back to mediocre. If you go, don't plan on having a decent stock of kitchenware to use if you want to cook. Often no toaster, and one time the only pan we had was a huge pot, no dinner plates, two small coffee saucers and one cereal bowl. But if you need cheap, this place is ok, if you don't expect the Ritz.

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo West? Share your experiences!