“Great place to stay when in Amarillo,TX” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo West

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo West to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“Great place to stay when in Amarillo,TX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We like the price, location and service here so much, we stayed at this Hotel both going and coming from Colorado. We found the location to have easy access to I-40, lots of food choices around and the staff was just as nice as they could be. The rooms were older but well redone and clean. Plenty of room in each room and the towels and linens were fresh and soft. We slept well, enjoyed the hot breakfast. Hey don't miss the state of Texas shaped waffles at breakfast!
There are many choices of lodging along I-40 in Amarillo,TX, but I feel for the value and location, the Quality Inn & Suites of Amarillo at West I-40 is your best bet for a good nights sleep and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place has 2 smoking rooms..in the whole hotel..I go to check in after midnight and my company had made a reservation so I just took my license in with me. I go in and wait for the desk clerk to check in another guest, standing there and finally gets to me. I hand him my license, the clerk tells me there is a msg from his supervisor telling me my room has changed, so instead of a king smoking, I now have 2 queen non smoking, and I can't check in unless I have a credit card with the same name as the person who made my reservation..call and wake people up at 1 am and tell them the news..not happy..then I have to give them my credit card for incidentals..It's 1 am I'm not happy so I ask if my company will be charged if I go to another hotel..answer yes..smh..this whole load of crap went on for 45 minutes..to get a room that was clean, non smoking and a hassle to get in, to sleep for 4 hours and leave..Not worth it!! Then to wait while 3 other guests are checked in before me. This was all supposed to be done before I checked in after driving for 15 hours straight. Will never come here again. to stand outside and smoke, get hassled, and all the stupidity..run!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Keyser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very clean, big suite style room, nice breakfast. WiFi signal was strong and sufficient to stream Netflix. Unfortunately, although many restaurants were close as the crow flies it was a long walk because they were on the other side of the interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I wouldn't recommend staying here, the lady at the front desk it was her 2nd day. she told me that she had worked in other hotels. she told me which ones but i couldn't tell you. she doesn't know what she got herself into. the manager kinda bigger was wearing a shirt that you could see her arm fat through (that shouldve been my first sign) they give me the spill about the breakfast and ice machine. tell me to inital and sign i do.. i go to my room with my wife and a NEW BORN. this was not fit for me and especially not for my new born baby who is almost a month old. there is atleast and inch of dust on the tv and closet. the bathroom has burn holes ON THE BATH TUB, the grout hasn't been cleaned since it was built. the carpeting is awful with holes and rips. the freezer has stains and a bottle of water which has been opened. i thought maybe i should complain to the front desk. but then again i would rather just LEARN MY LESSON ABOUT THIS quality inn & suites... I WOULD HATE TO SEE THE SUITES... I couldn't believe this. i've been a CHOICE HOTEL member for 10+ years. i've never seen one this bad. oh, and onto the bed. i go to lay down on the king size bed it was loped sided i scoot it over pull the sheets back... and nope there was stains of all kinds. no thanks. i went out to my truck brought in our own blankets and didn't get under their bed comforters. NEVER AGAIN people don't do it.. the rate at 68.00 a night?? i gathered all of our things, looked at my wife and left.. we went next door to the residence inn i paid 88 a night and got all the luxury... DO NOT STAY HERE.. I DON'T EVEN WANNA KNOW WHATS ON THESE WALLS OR SHEETS OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.. poor girl who's 2nd day, if you read this i advice you LEAVE.. QUICK ....

Room Tip: DO-not stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We had trouble finding a pet-friendly hotel in Amarillo and landed here. The dog liked the spacious suite and didn't mind the lack of electrical outlets, the mediocre cleaning and the scruffy overall appearance. Nor did the dog seem to care about the staff smoking just outside the hotel's front door. Hardly Quality or Q's as this chain likes to call them.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked into this Quality Inn on Presidents Day long weekend en-route to Houston. Everything else was fully booked. Location is on a service road running parallel to I40, Room is sat back on the property and quiet. Room is large with King bed segregated lounge and the usual gadgets. TV, hairdryer, iron, WIFI and boxed breakfast. Price is cheap in comparison to the rest but it comes at a cost. Furniture is dated and stained, needs replacing. Linen and towels are clean and the room in general is also relatively clean. Not likely to be back this way but would look elsewhere if I was. Reception was friendly and informative.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the complex.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
albany ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The rate of 50 was excellent.....the room was large and clean. The lobby was nice, very neat and clean. The breakfast was ok..my eggs were watery. The coffee was good. My check in clerk Eric was polite and helpful. My only complaint is the internet was not working and it was mentioned after we checked in that they were having issues with it. It should of been told to us while we were checking in not afterwards. So call ahead first if you need internet. It was not available in the evening or the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple