When going through Amarillo, we had stayed at a different low cost hotel but decided to try the Quality Inn West (there are two Quality Inns along I-40 in Amarillo) as we were tired of small rooms, dingy rooms.
First the location is great as we were heading west so this hotel is at the far west side of town so no morning traffic to deal with.
The room was large with TV, fridge, and microwave. There was table and chair and comfortable beds. There were many restaurants close by so getting dinner or even a late night snack was not a problem!
Overall, the room (carpet, light fixtures, etc,) was clean.
We noticed the next morning the smoke detector appeared to be loose in the mounting on the ceiling. When we reported that to the front desk, they took note and said they we fix it that day. Not sure if that happened, but they did seem concerned.
The Breakfast was very good with yogurt, bread and rolls, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and coffee, juice, etc.
For just over $50, this was so much better than the other low cost hotels in Amarillo.
We have this hotel loaded in our Garmin as a place to stay as we drive through Amarillo in a few months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn Amarillo West is conveniently located on I-40 in Amarillo, TX. A short 15 minute drive from Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport. The hotel is close to Cadillac Ranch, Westgate Mall, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo Botanical Gardens and The Don and Sybil Harrington Cancer Center. Dig into Amarillo history. Thompson Park, Polk Street and the Harrington House are all a short drive from the hotel. Other nearby attractions include the Amarillo Zoo and Wonderland Amusement Park. Red Roof Inn Amarillo West offers an outdoor pool,fitness center, business center, coin laundry and conference room (seats 25). All rooms feature free WiFi, in-room coffee, hair dryer, iron & ironing board and a 32 inch flat-screen TV. Select rooms also offer a microwave & refrigerator or full kitchenettes. ADA Accessible rooms and plenty of free parking is available for all travelers. Enjoy free continental breakfast in the lobby (6am-9am Pastries, Cereal, Fruit, Juice and coffeehouse style coffee & tea). One well behaved family pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Amarillo West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Amarillo Hotel Amarillo
- Quality Inn And Suites Amarillo
- Quality Inn Amarillo
- Quality Inn Hotel Amarillo
- Amarillo Quality Inn