“First time visit to this hotel. Pleasant surprise.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo West

You added Red Roof Inn Amarillo West to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Amarillo West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX 79106 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“First time visit to this hotel. Pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When going through Amarillo, we had stayed at a different low cost hotel but decided to try the Quality Inn West (there are two Quality Inns along I-40 in Amarillo) as we were tired of small rooms, dingy rooms.
First the location is great as we were heading west so this hotel is at the far west side of town so no morning traffic to deal with.
The room was large with TV, fridge, and microwave. There was table and chair and comfortable beds. There were many restaurants close by so getting dinner or even a late night snack was not a problem!
Overall, the room (carpet, light fixtures, etc,) was clean.
We noticed the next morning the smoke detector appeared to be loose in the mounting on the ceiling. When we reported that to the front desk, they took note and said they we fix it that day. Not sure if that happened, but they did seem concerned.
The Breakfast was very good with yogurt, bread and rolls, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and coffee, juice, etc.
For just over $50, this was so much better than the other low cost hotels in Amarillo.

We have this hotel loaded in our Garmin as a place to stay as we drive through Amarillo in a few months.

Room Tip: We had a room on the east side towards the rear of the hotel so there was no road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Digen D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo West, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Quality Inn and Suites West. I am glad we could meet your needs an that you enjoyed the breakfast and your overall stay at the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing our hotel and we cant wait to see you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aitkin, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room are old and not up dated, the staff like to argue with the customers and call the 3 hours after they get there room I check in at 3 AM AND GOT A CALL AT 6 AM it just what a person whats after driving a 1000 3hour sleep before your phone rings. i put a call quality's inn 1800 customer service they said the manger would be get a hold of me with in 72 hours well its almost a week and i have not gotten a e-mail or call from him.

THEY ALSO OVER CHANGED MY CARD BY $19.00

DON'T WAST YOU MONEY ON THIS PLACE

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The desk clerk was less than friendly. When I asked if there was a good place to eat nearby, she said just drive up the road and you'll see stuff. The wifi worked only sporadically. The bathroom floor was dirty. The coffee pot looked like it never was cleaned. Although it was a non smoking room, it smelled like someone had been smoking. And they woke me up at 6:00 a.m. even though I did not ask for a wake up call and was not planning to get up that early.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

On Sept 17 we reserved a room at Quality Inn at 6800 I-40 W Amarillo TX. When we checked in I explained to the clerk that we were traveling with my terminally ill 86 year old Mother-in-law and that we needed a room with the half wall and sofa. We were given a room and when we entered with her there was a huge stain in the middle of the floor and there was only the coffee table and no sofa. I went back to the office and he acted like he had no idea that someone had taken the sofa. He gave us another room and we loaded her up and went to the new room on the other side of the hotel. We walked in and there was a sofa, but the carpet was worse. I have stayed in some pretty seedy hotels in my youth, this was by far the worst and at nearly $80, well!!! When I went to get the suitcases he walked by and I invited him in to see. He again seemed shocked and rubbed his foot on one of the dozens of spots (truthfully it looked like several dogs had been locked in it for a week) He asked if we wanted another room. My thought was, room 2 was worse than room one. Mom had flown half the day, then drove for 7 hours and changed rooms twice, it could only get worse. I called choice privileges and they advised me to wait till morning and talk to management. In the morning I went to the front desk with my concerns and the clerk wrote them down and said she would give them to the manager when he came in, then informed me the clerk from the night before was actually the manager. The manager emailed us the next day to say he was sorry, no compensation!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

At check in we were told the pet fee was $20 per night even tho their website clearly states $20 per STAY. (We stayed 2 nights so we were charged $40). Our room was pretty big, had a microwave and fridge, and the beds were clean, BUT- there were dead crickets and starburst wrappers on the floor, the toilet hadn't been scrubbed, and the bathroom floor wasnt swept. I liked that the water pressure in the shower wasn't weak like most hotels, but it was so strong it actually stung a little bit. Their vending machine dispenses warm soda. They have an awesome breakfast (biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, cold coffee dispenser, and more) but both days the breakfast attendant was too busy sitting at a table chowing down with one of the maids to keep the food stocked and the tables clean. We got a discounted rate since we are choice hotel employees and that's the only reason we stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joplin, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great hotel. The room was nice and clean. The people at the front desk were helpful and recommended a good chinese restaurant down the road. Good amenities. Nice hot tub. The indoor pool isn't quite warm enough. Breakfast was pretty standard for a hotel breakfast but overall very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

In the first room, there were no linens on the bed. They moved us to a different room, but it was dirty and smelled bad.. The furniture was filthy, I wouldn't even sit on it. The linens on the bed were clean, but I never did get used to the smell. This whole place needs an upgrade.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Amarillo West? Share your experiences!