“Fair” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Amarillo West

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Amarillo West to your Saves list
Travelodge Amarillo West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2035 Paramount Blvd., I-40 Exit 68A, Amarillo, TX 79109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #46 of 66 hotels in Amarillo

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a great stay at the travel lodge on paramount.
The manager was courteous and attentive.
Housekeeping was on the ball and we didnt go a day without being helped.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.
Great job to all the staff! We loved our stay! Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Amarillo West, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Stephen-
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Travelodge in Amarillo, Texas and posting your feedback. It was a great pleasure to be of service to you. The entire staff and mangement greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that your stay was such a great experience at our newly renovated Travelodge. Looking forward to be of service to you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was told they had an indoor pool by guest services. This was really important to me sence i had been traveling all day with my 2 young kids and i wanted them to burn off there excess energy when we arrived at the hotel. They had no pool. They sent us to a gym with a pool in the same neighborhood. The gym closed at 7pm and would not allow young kids any how. Very disappointing.
Next, the coffee maker in our room had exposed wires hanging out of it that started smoking when i tryed to make coffee. There was a soda machine in the front office that to ok money but would not despence pop. There was no out of order signs on it. When i told the clerk she said they had been having problems with it but did not give refunds.
After all this, mainly the pool nonsense, i called customer service. I was told they would investigate my claims and call me back with in 3 days. After not hearing from them for a week i called back and waerked around again. If you are looking for a place to stay with more emenities and better customer service i would recomend a camp ground over these jokers.

Room Tip: Don't waist your money. Sleep on your car
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TravelodgeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Amarillo West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Daniel-
Thank you for your recent stay at our Travelodge in Amarillo, TX. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. I am so sorry your experience was lessthan satisfactory. As with all other hotels, our pool was not open due to weather conditions in the area. However, we referred you to the Golds Gym with whom our guests enjoy free services and it was most conveniently located next to our hotel. We have no control over their hours of pool operation. I apologize again for your inconvenience with regard to vending machine. We did provide your feedback to the vending maintenance who is prompt in addressing the issues you mention. Hope you will give us another chance.

Amarillo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I cannot believe that Wyndham would endorse such filth. It makes me ashamed to be associated with Wyndham. I know that Worldmark would not associate itself with this motel. We are non-smokers and even though I requested a non smoking room we were told I requested a smoking room. I requested a change to a non smoking room but was informed since we sat on the bed a change was not possible. We took pictures of the filthy room along with pictures of a light cord that had not just one but two breaks in the electric cord that were simply taken care of by using red electrical connectors without even assuring their safety by using electrical tape. Believe me if this is the kind of safety you are willing to expose your Worldmark members to it makes us wonder what other problems we are now exposed to that we were never exposed to prior to Worldmark becomming associated with Wyndham. The room was so filthy neither my wife nor I used the shower for fear we might catch something. We did not bother with the free breakfast and the clerk at the front desk did not even talk to me but just took my keys when I checked out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Dennis-
Thank you for your recent stay at Travelodge in Amarillo, TX. While I am trying to research what Worldmark is which we never heard of before, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with our facility. I am surprised by your comments regarding unsafe. Under our management we have installed and monitor guest safety through camera system installed throughout the property. We instantly know what goes in and around the property. Now, with regard to our maintenance issues you mention, we have our maintenance department check our rooms periodically and daily to ensure each room we rent is safe. If you found a situation like you described, I would have appreciated if you brought it to our attention while you were still at the hotel. I sent your comments and feedback to the concerned staff. It appears to me that an off market room was accidentally placed in service. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that the problem is already addressed.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were passing thru on a cross country trip, we only stayed the one night and we are glad it was a short stay. Getting to the room there was only a dirt path from the parking lot to the room. The room was clean but when we arrive it had a very musty smell. There were cracks in the wall, ceiling, bathroom ceiling and paint peeling all over. The tv was from the mid 90's. The bathroom was not clean, the soap holder was rusted and the towels were small and felt damp. The room looked like it was from the 90's or earlier (just like the tv). We were going to use the drawers but we saw behind it there was someones undershirt that was left there look like for months if not years. The "Continental Breakfast" was packaged oatmeal, frozen biscuits, cereal and waffle makers. There was no protein what so ever, all carbs, it was very disappointing. I would not stay there for free!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TravelodgeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Amarillo West, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Dubbs,
Thank you for your recent stay at Travelodge Amarillo. I apologize that your stay was anything lessthan satisfactory. Hope you understand that this is an exterior corridor property and Amarillo brings a lot of wind all the time so while I am not taking excuses but being realistic about exterior cleanliness. Glad to hear about our room being clean, but you also point out a few other inside room cleanliness issues which I greatly appreciate. We use feedback such as yours to coach our staff. Please be assured that this is not our typical cleanliness standard. We usually check our rooms daily to ensure they are ready for being placed in service. Hope you will give us anothe chance at our newly renovated Travelodge per our brand standards and beyond. Your suggestions regarding breakfast are also helpful and see what we can do soon to include more protein. Please know that we are already serving Hot Breakfast when our brand only requires to serve continental breakfast. There are several items such as biscuit and hot gravy along with Texas shaped waffles are additional items beings served on top of two kinds of juice, two kinds of coffee, two kinds of fruit, two kinds of cereal, oatmeal, milk, and another kind of bread. Thank you again and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Travelodge Amarillo West? Share your experiences!