“I would not stay here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Amarillo West

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Amarillo West to your Saves list
Travelodge Amarillo West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2035 Paramount Blvd., I-40 Exit 68A, Amarillo, TX 79109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #45 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Canton
“I would not stay here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Dear Mr. Guest Relations Manager,
Somebody is not doing their job, maybe it's you. We got into our room and 10 minutes later, so did another couple who used their key to walk right in. They had been assigned the same room right after we checked in. Thankfully we were still there and the cat didn't escape. On the back of the bathroom door was a used towel. I moved the night stand to use the electrical outlet and there were layers of dust and debris back there. This room has certainly had NO updating in many years; the furniture was chipped and scratched and there was a layer of grime on some of it. The whole room was depressing and cold feeling. You have a lot of work to do in this hotel. It's time to get rid of the shiny quilted bedspreads which are likely never washed. We used Wyndham points for this room: I think you should return them to my account. At this price I didn't expect luxury, but I do expect a cleaned, private, cheerful room. Nadine Eder

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Amarillo West, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you for your recent stay at Travelodge in Amarillo, Texas and your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced. We just had a new front desk clerk the week you were in, and perhaps it was by mistake that the desk clerk keyed in incorrect room number while making the key. Mistakes like this seldom happen at our property.

Your comments regarding furniture is quite true particularly if you didn't ask for a Deluxe Room. Under the new ownership, we began replacing carpets, beds, deep cleaning of our rooms and furniture while finishing up of extensive exterior renovations. Since there are 100 rooms, we expect room renovations to continue into next year. As you saw, this is an older facility and previous owners didn't do any work during final three years they have owned. With regard to your comments on washing comforters, I would like to let you know that we have a dedicated professionals to do our laundry and upon check outs, these professionals have been washing all the comforters, sheets and towels for use in the newly cleaned rooms. Occasionally we are not perfect and this is why you saw a towel behind the door, but please be assured we are using feedback such as yours to coach our staff. Hope you will give us another chance.

Kindest Regards-

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
HORIZON CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our room was not cleaned very well before we arrived. There was a beer can under the dresser, dirty clothes left in the room safe, and our bedding smelled musty. There was trash stuck inside the room's heater, which I had to pull out before we could warm the room.
Also, the website had advertised a coffee maker in each room, but ours did not have one (ironically, it did still have the coffee packets and cream and sugar, just no maker).
My reservation was for three people (myself and my two preteen children), but we only had two towels in the room. Both those towels were threadbare and stained.
There was nothing available at the continental breakfast I could eat, but I didn't really care about that (I'm gluten-free, so I didn't expect much, though I did expect a somewhat better variety than there was). My children had some doughnuts that looked like they'd come out of a convenience store package. There was coffee, but it was terrible.
And the shower seemed to only have two settings: arctic or volcanic.
All in all, the bed was comfortable, but the stay was disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Amarillo West, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Travelodge in Amarillo, Texas. Your feedback is extremely important to us and is being routed to the respective departments for consideration.

I am surprised by your comments on our Hot Breakfast as our economy service brand requires lot less than what we offer to our guests as complimentary. On cold side, we serve 2 kinds of ceral, 2 kinds of juice (apple, orange), donuts and fruit. On hot side, we offer Texas shaped waffles, biscuits with gravy, sausage and egg, oatmeal and coffee.

I apologize for the inconvenience about the in room coffee and cleanliness. We normally check rooms at end of each day prior to releasing for service. We always appreciate if feedback is brought to the attention of staff we could help instantly.

Under new ownership, we have recently renovated the Travelodge to include newer beds, newer furniture, parking lot re-seal/re-striping, extensive exterior renovations, and upgrading to Free Hot Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Free use of Golds Gym next door, and many others as we saw appropriate including a Safety Camera System for guest safety which is monitored 24-7. Hope to see you next time.

Kind Regards-
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Travelodge Amarillo West? Share your experiences!