“Nice place for Extended Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Relax Inn
You added Relax Inn to your Saves list
6030 I-40 West, I-40 at Bell Street, Exit #66, Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Miami, Florida
“Nice place for Extended Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Relax Inn Amarillo is nice comfortable motel that is located right of the interstate. I have been staying here for construction for a few weeks now and it is very reasonably priced motel. Room has all the basics which includes a microwave. I do not have to leave the property to do my laundry as they have onsite facilities. I have not had any complaints about the place and will be here for a little while longer. Staff and housekeeping are also friendly..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am on my way back to Georgia from California and after driving for 17 hours I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled off the highway and went to the closest hotel.. Big Mistake! The room was tiny, the pillow wasn't much thicker than a few sheets of paper, and there wasn't a blanket on the bed. I was too tired to complain so I decided to take a shower and go to sleep, Bigger Mistake! The shower curtain looked as if it had never been cleaned so I pushed it aside with a towel, and as I was showering I looked up and there was a USED DIRTY STAINED wash cloth with huge black hairs on it hanging on the curtain rod! I was so disgusted! When I complained to the guy at the front desk all he could offer me was "I'm sorry" I will NEVER stay at a Relax Inn again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
NB, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Not a great place to stay at all! BE WARNED!! Stayed there because it was so late and we were so tired. Next morning we noticed that there were "POOP" smears on the wall and as if someone had urinated on the couch! Disgusting! We went to the front desk and asked for our money back. They refused and we called the police. Even the police officer said that he wouldn't stay in a room like that! So, he made them give us our money back! Yay! Happy ending to this horrible motel stay story.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I initially checked in for one night and then extended to three. Friendly staff, clean room, good TV and microwave. Close to US 40 but not noisy.

Over the years I have spent many days in hotels on business ranging from three to five star and this was best value. No fitness center or restaurant so not relevant (rather than terrible).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hobbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The bad reviews scared me but I gave it a shot anyway. The motel is in process of being completely remodeled. The room I got was clean and decent for the price. it is a budget motel but the basics were provided and it was clean and functional. My room had a fridge in it too. The sheets and towels were clean. The fixtures, floor and walls were clean. No holes in walls. No gaps at the door. So it looks to me like the problems mentioned in the previous reviews have been addressed and fixed. I stayed in June 2012.

Room Tip: 3-story motel, elevator available
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Redwood City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Everything about this hotel is bad. Dirty? Check. Couples using the adjacent room for "hourly" purposes? Check. Having the opportunity to live in fear that your car will be broken into? Check.

It's bad. Spend an extra $40 and go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I'd been driving for almost 12 hours and it was getting late when I decided to stop for the night. My experience was much better than that of those with the worst reviews, but this Motel6 is not the best one in this chain that I've stayed in.

Check in was smooth and the clerk was cordial. The room was clean but surprisingly different from the rooms in other Motel6's where I've stayed. There was no carpet on the floor, which consisted of wood-veneer flooring; the chair in the room was upholstered in some sort of synthetic, plastic-like material (not fabric); even the bedspread had some kind of plastic-feeling material rather than being fluffy and cushy. My first thought was that maybe the room had been treated for bedbugs and the bedbug-attracting materials removed, but I couldn't find any sign of bedbugs in the mattress creases, where they can be evident. The room and bath were clean, and it was late--so I stayed without considering leaving. I wonder if the stripped-down features of the room might be a first step in revamping these room; this is the first modern budget motel I've seen with wood-veneer flooring and no carpet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!