“Good enough for us” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Good enough for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Travelling from New Mexico to Arkansas, we chose this LQ for its close proximity to I-40. We checked in late at night and the night clerk was cheerful and very helpful. The room looked recently remodeled and was clean. Sheets and towels were fresh and we spent a restful and quiet night there. It is located next to a Denny's and other fast food places. Gas stations were located across the interstate and we got everything done (rest, food, and gas) at one exit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Entry door to the room was 1/2 inch from fitting the door frame , light came in from top of door to bottom. Jam and lack assembly was refitted with plexiglass so they would make contact. I travel with my work weeks at a time and only in Hobbs, NM have I had a poorer room. This is not up to the standards of your other hotels. Shame on management for allowing such shoddy maintenance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Amarillo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had no issues at all with this hotel room. It was clean and it smelled nice... and the price was great... We drove in from Las Vegas - 12 hr drive, and we just wanted a good night sleep.. the bed was comfortable and I will def stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The rooms were nice enough and the pool area was nice enough, Also, the staff was nice enough, but it was in a rough area of town. We were approached by a drug addict outside of our room. Everything was ok though

Room Tip: I wouldn't get a room in the back facing the Arby's next door. It was a bit rough back there...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lima, Peru
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was just passing through and looking for a reasonably priced place that was safe and clean. I have had good luck with La Quinta near Tri-Cities Airport in Tennessee, so I thought I would try this one too. I got the reasonable price I wanted (just over $55 with a AAA discount), but as another reviewer mentioned, I got what I paid for. One of the two double beds was not completely made when I entered my room, though it appeared to be in process with clean sheets. It appeared someone got distracted before completing the cleaning. Since I only needed one bed, it wasn't a huge deal, but there was hair in the one bed that was completely made. Additionally, there was hair in the bathroom floor and in the shower, though the arrangement indicated they had been cleaned. The room smelled like smoke in spite of being a non-smoking room, though this is probably to be expected in rooms that open to the outside since smokers only have to step right outside. The room appears to be recently renovated with new paint, lamps, TV, and curtains, so it's a shame that the room was not completely cleaned and smelly. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are willing to accept that you will get what you pay for here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

After a great experience with a LaQuinta in Pueblo, CO, we tried this one and at $52+ (military rate), we got what we paid for. Small room, VERY small commode/shower room, outside door opens to parking spot five feet away (bonus is ease of loading/unloading), rude staff, hard to find ice machine, poor breakfast - all in all, what I had learned to expect from LQ. Nice TV, low rates, pet-friendly. All else? Go elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014

Been to La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area? Share your experiences!