“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
London, Canada
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel several times on drives to and from Arizona. The hotel rooms are always clean, the staff are always pleasant and helpful. Its just off the highway so the area is not scenic. Great Mexican restaurant within walking distance. Pet friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was another LQ along the highway. Near the highway and food and fuel. Good resturant down the road called Blue Sky. Breakfast was good. Normal LQ variety. Pleasant staff. Clean rooms. Pool was closed for maintenance. Only to reopen 2days after we left. But that was ok for we only did a sleep and run stay.

Stayed May 2013
Chesapeak, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We traveled from California to Virginia and stayed at LaQuinta in Amarillo Texas and North Little Rock Arkansas. I made the reservations because I travelled with a small dog. When we arrived at both locations the room was immaculate. There were no pet odors or stains; the bed not only looked clean it was clean and fresh. The bathroom was super clean and the towels had that just washed freshness about them. Everything in the room worked exactly the way it should. Check in and check out were fast and easy. When we checked in the desk manager asked how they could make our stay more comfortable and told us if there was anything we needed to let them know. I give this chain 5 stars. We made the right choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Amarillo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After a long day's ride, this hotel was like a breath of fresh air. The staff were warm & friendly, room was excellent, bed great, shower great. The location was perfect for us, easy to get back on the road. Staff worked with us easily when we needed to check out later than normal. Very quiet area, yet close to restaurants and shopping

Las Cruces, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We like the location of this property. It has been upgraded to some of the La Quinta standards. New carpet, paint, electrical outlets, and better WiFi router reliability. The curved shower rods were omitted. The new recliner are pretty but not good to sleep in at all. The price is not as good a value proposition. Check in is a fast and pleasant experience.

lubbock, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had issues with the hotel staff, the room the bathroom and the breakfast. It is very surprising to me that people that work in a hotel room will treat people rude when it is there job to be nice. I think that it is stupid to have to have a review with 200 characters when you can sum up an experience in much less then that many characters. I will never do a survey like this again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed at this location after negating my booking online. At the price I was given I was almost certain the room would be a regret, but was I ever wrong.

My stay began with a wonderful person ( whom I forgot her name ) at the front desk. I said that we were going to grab a bite to eat at a Big Tex, and she arranged a limo to pick us up within 15 minutes. The limo was there in 10 minutes (wow!). Thanks for the wonderful help!

As I entered my room, it was bright, large, and clean. The recliner was a comfy place I liked to relax, and the king side bed was very comfortable. Free wife and free breakfast. Room was updated and I was happy with my stay. I have changed my thoughts of the La Quinta chain. Stay here if you are looking for a clean comfortable hotel that is affordable. (Pool was not open at time of stay).

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area? Share your experiences!