“A welcome respite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Amarillo, United States
“A welcome respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After a long day's ride, this hotel was like a breath of fresh air. The staff were warm & friendly, room was excellent, bed great, shower great. The location was perfect for us, easy to get back on the road. Staff worked with us easily when we needed to check out later than normal. Very quiet area, yet close to restaurants and shopping

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Las Cruces, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We like the location of this property. It has been upgraded to some of the La Quinta standards. New carpet, paint, electrical outlets, and better WiFi router reliability. The curved shower rods were omitted. The new recliner are pretty but not good to sleep in at all. The price is not as good a value proposition. Check in is a fast and pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

lubbock, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had issues with the hotel staff, the room the bathroom and the breakfast. It is very surprising to me that people that work in a hotel room will treat people rude when it is there job to be nice. I think that it is stupid to have to have a review with 200 characters when you can sum up an experience in much less then that many characters. I will never do a survey like this again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed at this location after negating my booking online. At the price I was given I was almost certain the room would be a regret, but was I ever wrong.

My stay began with a wonderful person ( whom I forgot her name ) at the front desk. I said that we were going to grab a bite to eat at a Big Tex, and she arranged a limo to pick us up within 15 minutes. The limo was there in 10 minutes (wow!). Thanks for the wonderful help!

As I entered my room, it was bright, large, and clean. The recliner was a comfy place I liked to relax, and the king side bed was very comfortable. Free wife and free breakfast. Room was updated and I was happy with my stay. I have changed my thoughts of the La Quinta chain. Stay here if you are looking for a clean comfortable hotel that is affordable. (Pool was not open at time of stay).

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Traveling with pets can be challenging, but this La Quinta made it a breeze. Great room rates an no pet fees!!! We have never stayed at a La Quinta as the ones we have seen do not have outside entrances. This one does and it was so convenient. The biggest surprise was how clean and well kept our room was. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone traveling through Amarillo who needed a nice room at an affordable rate.

• Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

OK, it's off Interstate 40 near the airport. Older model LaQuinta, on frontage road with lots of other businesses. Staff nice enough, rooms okay. Would have liked a gym to do a workout. No gym here, so had to run in a nearby neighborhood that was pretty much of a dump. Good enough for one night though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

crystal lake, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The facility was dirty and neglected . Dirty footprints in tub. We were tired or we would have changed hotels. Our friends bathroom was also dirly around the toilet. The receptionest was very nice. The icemaker did not work very well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area? Share your experiences!