“One of the worst stays ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Amarillo

You added Clarion Hotel Amarillo to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Amarillo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1911 I-40 East at Ross/Osage Street, Amarillo, TX 79102 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #44 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Fort Worth, Texas
“One of the worst stays ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel over 100 nights per year, used to stay here often when it was Holiday Inn. Now that it has changed hands has gone downhill fast! I requested a suite, the sales staff told me it would happen, when I arrived reservation had not been entered and I was given a room on 4th floor. the freeway noise was unbearable, also the squealing from the Laundry room across hall wen on till 3am. I voiced my complaints to the GM about not getting a suite. And was treated like a second class citizen and talked down too. I ranked it as blatant disrespect.. Because I haev stayed there for years several of the staff I know. A staff member entered my room and left me a personal note on my desk. This should have been left at front desk. I considered this a breach of security and violation of my space. After a second night of the noise fro laundry I checked out at 3am and went across highway to another hotel. I wrote a detailed complaint and requested a refund for one of three nights. I sent this to the Hotel and to the Clarion points program About two weeks later I received a short note email saying my refund request had been refused. ( as expected ) I will not use a clarion branded hotel again. I owuld not recommend this hotel to a homeless person. DO NOT STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Try the Baymont across the freeway!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calabash, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

When we arrived we were told the side doors were broken and one of the elevators was out. The room was small, This is clearly an older property. However, the room was clean. The bathroom door would not close easily and the toilet made a horrible noise when flushed. In the morning, we turned on the shower only to find there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they had no idea what was going on. A half hour later he called back to say there was a gas leak in the building and they had shut the gas lines off, including the hot water tank. We waited over an hour and then realized it would not be fixed. We went to the front desk to check out and the automatic front doors would not open! We went around to the side door, it opened but the glass had been broken. WE would not recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

t]Clarion Amarillo is conveniently located and a very comfy place to stay. My room was large with flat screen, writing/computer desk and chair and sofa. The room was clean and the bed was of good quality. I felt very safe and relaxed here. I stayed 10 days on business. The hotel offeran indoor pool and Jacuzzi, which I enjoyed. there is also pool table and game machine whihc cost money. Also an exercise room, which i did not make it too. Breakfast was provided and I ate well each day. Buffet style with at least 1 type eggs, potatoes, biscuits & gravy and suagage and bacon- all these where freshly cooked that morning. There was also several types of fruit, pasties, breads, 4 type of cereals, several juice options and hot coffee or tea. The setting was a 50's type dinner with route 66 motif. The staff here were great. There is wi-fi, several days service was spotty, not hotel's fault. I enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it if you find your self in Amarillo.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Lindsay Y, Manager at Clarion Hotel Amarillo, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Than k you for your awesome review, we do strive each day to upgrade and make our hotel the best place to stay for our loyal guest.

I hope that if you are ever in Amarillo again that you come back and see us!!!!!

Have a wonderful day per Sales :)
Columbus, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

Hotel is old and in need of updating. Linens were old and dingy. Sheets had a hole in them. Shower curtain was ripped. Trash on floor in the bathroom. Sliding glass door got stuck in open mode so we had to get maintenance to fix it. Rooms were very far away from the front desk. I think the room was clean but not really sure due to the trash on the floor in the bathroom. If it was mopped the trash wouldn't be there.

Plus side was they offered free shuttle ride to airport 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: Ask for one closer to front desk. Its a long walk to a room if you don't..
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Lindsay Y, Manager at Clarion Hotel Amarillo, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
I do apologize that you had and unpleasant stay here at the Clarion I can assure you that our main goal is to provide wonderful guest service ans well as quality. I will make sure that your concerns are taken care of. I do hope you try us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

One of the best hotels I've stayed at! It has a very home like experience, the staff is great, and they have a variety of activities if you don't want to leave the hotel. Special thanks to Michelle and Nalin the manager. Thank you!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Lindsay Y, Manager at Clarion Hotel Amarillo, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I am glad to hear that you where here for the Bridge Tournament, I am sorry to hear about the issues you discovered while you where in house. I do want to apologize for your troubles and I will make sure that the issues are addressed and that we are 100% active to fix the issues that took place. I sure hope you will give the Clarion Hotel another try in the future.

Per Management
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and I spent five nights there for a Bridge tournament. This hotel has recently changed from a Holiday Inn to a Clarion. The hotel is old and showing its age--worn carpets and limited electrical outlets. The biggest annoyance was that the WiFi kept crashing. I would expect Clarion to fix that.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. The service was very friendly. There is a breakfast served in a 1950's style cafe. The food is standard but good and the service is very good.

Room Tip: Most rooms face onto an atrium which could get noisy. I recommend getting a room not facing the atri...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear that my staff had trouble getting you checked in, I will follow up with the clerk that checked you in and make sure that another guest will not have the trouble you did. I will also follow up with the General Manager to find out what happen as well. We strive to give great customer service to each and every guest and I will not stand for less. I do appreciate you feed back and I will make sure issues like this do not happen again. I hope that when you travel back threw that you will please give the Clarion another try.

Lindsay Young
Director of Sales
Hugoton, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The night clerk entered my credit card with the wrong EXP date so many times, my card would not work anymore. Had to call my son at 2am for his card. The next morning I talked to the GM about the trouble i had the previous evening and he pretty much called me a liar. I thought they should discount the room. I called my bank and let him talk to them and he said "What do you want me to do? Take it out of the clerks check? We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the pool-noisey. Check your doors, ours wouldn't shut all the way so we changed r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Lindsay Young
Director of Sales

Been to Clarion Hotel Amarillo? Share your experiences!