“"Holiday Inn??"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amarillo Inn & Suites

You added Amarillo Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Amarillo Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1911 I-40 East at Ross/Osage Street, Amarillo, TX 79102 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Amarillo)   |
Ranked #47 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Midland, Texas
“"Holiday Inn??"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had stayed in this Hotel on several occasions when it was still HI, rooms were still very nice as before. Overnight staff was more than helpful & polite. Only drawback was the mattresses, definitely need to upgrade them.

Room Tip: Needs new mattresses.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lindsay Y, Director of Sales at Amarillo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2015
I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had when you were at this property. We are now the Amarillo Inn & Suites and we take pride in our rooms and in our guest. Our goal is to give each and every guest the best experience possible. If you are ever traveling through again I really hope that you would give our hotel another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ponchatoula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I looked on internet for a Holiday Inn near interstate 40 and was given address for this hotel. We always stay at HI and was surprised to learn hotel had been sold in last six months. We were apprehensive but decided to stay as we were tired. Room was very nice and was everything we are used to. However the complimentary breakfast was way ahead of HI. It was a hot buffet breakfast that was wonderful. The price we paid was much less than the HI. We looked for another Choice hotel on the last leg of our trip and was again very satisfied. Look out HI! I think Choice has some new customers!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. We are now the Amarillo Inn & Suites and are main goal is to make sure that each and every gust that stays receives the best experience ever! If you are ever in Amarillo I sure hope you give the Amarillo Inn & Suites a try.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband broke down in Amarillo and I and I tried to pay for a room with my debt card and was told that it was declined. We were then told that our card for our other account was also declined. We knew we had money in our accounts so we just paid cash thinking we would check with the bank. The hotel assured us we would not be charged on our cards. They charged us on both cards AND we paid cash! it all added up to 500 hundred and some odd dollars for a one night stay...That was four days ago and I still didn't get my money back I had to file a claim with my bank.... We tried calling the Clarion cooperate number their only offer to us was to take off the 25 dollar pet charge! If you stay there don't use your cards...pay cash only!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Very run down and dirty. The room smelled, wallpaper coming off the walls, curtains were torn, sheets looked dingy, mold in the bathtub.....overall horrible! Front desk clerks were not professional. The location is decent but that's the only positive thing I have to say.

• Stayed May 2014
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Flew into Amarillo and needed a place to stay for the night. Called for the free shuttle and it arrived in a timely fashion. Staff were great. Location was safe and the room was very clean. Not all channels on the TV were perfect but you'll have that in a larger facility on occasion. In other reviews it says it needs updates but nothing seemed worn or broke to me. Breakfast was much better than many I have had at other places, almost rivaled a big boy's or eat n park buffet. If you go to Price line under 2 1/2 stars you should end up with it for about $66 but it is luck of the draw with Priceline. I was surprised that taxes are really high here, about $15. All in all I had a really nice room, great breakfast in a secure location for about half price of what I would have spent. Also numerous fast food places adjacent the property. Indoor pool and hot tub looked fine but didn't use them. Overall a great place and I was able to wander around for about 18 hours.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lindsay Y, Manager at Amarillo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel Amarillo for your recent stay in Amarillo.

Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel I am sure glad that you had and enjoyable experience and If you are ever in Amarillo again I hope you chose stay with us!

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Clarion Hotel Amarillo the next time you're in Amarillo.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am traveling through Texas and Pricelined or Hotwired everything. It's just been really sad how hotels are being inflated with their star ratings. The bathroom was very run down. The elevator needed to be fixed. The TV remote was falling apart.

This was probably a great hotel maybe when it was first built, but now it's gotten old.

Having I40 right outside the window doesn't help either unless you are a very heavy sleeper.

There was trash that needed to be picked up all over the parking lot and someone dumped a basketful of muffins in the hallway in the stairwell entrance. Even the birds couldn't get to that to pick up.

If I could break out the star levels, I would give 4 STARS for the breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rather run-down and the front desk clerk (20 something girl) seemed quite distracted and unable to deal with more than one person at a time. We were directed to the back door to access our room and found the elevator not working and the other elevator not working properly. The clientele seemed a bit suspect and the area of town not the best. On the plus side, the breakfast at the diner downstairs was good and the bar was fun. Probably wouldn't stay here again, though. There are a lot more nicer places on the west side of town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple