“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Amarillo

You added Wyndham Garden Amarillo to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Amarillo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 I-40 W, Amarillo, TX 79102 (Formerly Magnuson Grand Hotel Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #45 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Texas
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Nice room, good pool, great hot tub, reasonably well kept and got a good rate. TGIF off of lobby was NOT the best I have been in. Need more staff on front desk

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PPayneAmarillo_Texas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Amarillo, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at The Ambassador Hotel. I was pleased to read that your accommodations were comfortable, and you enjoyed our pool and hot tub.

I also appreciate your observations regarding TGI Fridays and will share your comments with them.

Most sincerely,

Phyllis Payne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

The hotel lobby area is beautiful. It is obvious that it had been recently renovated. The staff were extremely efficient and friendly. Great job on hiring qualified and friendly staff.

Our room was large and roomy. The only downside was the size of the bathroom, which was way too small. Two people cannot be in there at once. The other downside was the mattresses, which were not very comfortable and while I was standing on it to adjust the air (I'm very short), one side lifted off the bed.

However, I will say, the room was clean and dark when the sun rose. I had no problem accessing the wireless internet. The price was fantastic and I will definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was good, not great because there were not enough staff and our omelets were cold but honestly, that was because the staff was running around like crazy. The omelets as well as the other items were good and it was all you could eat for $8.95.

One suggestion is to PLEASE make your soap larger than the size of a 50 cent piece.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great staff and clean room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at The Ambassador Hotel. We take great pride in our level of guest satisfaction and it helps to have a fantastic team that knows the importance of quality customer service and delivers day after day to each and every guest.

I have shared your comments with our team and they appreciate your recognition. We look forward to serving you again!

Kind Regards,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at your fine hotel recently. One of your front desk clerks (Melonie) was just fabulous. She went out of her way to accomodate me and my colleagues. Everything was wonderful - nice room, great bed. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
PPayneAmarillo_Texas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Amarillo, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Ambassador Hotel. I was especially pleased to read of the superb service you received from our front office staff. The team member that you made mention of will be thrilled to read your kind words.

Kind regards,

Port Aransas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband & I stay in around 100 hotels a year, and the Ambasssador Hotel in Amarillo was a very nice surprise. The check-in process was as smooth as could be, and we were given a service upgrade, as well. The room couldn't have been any cleaner or more comfortable, and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening refreshments and appetizers and the morning breakfast in the Concierge Lounge!

We are looking forward to another stay in this super friendly and accommodating hotel!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
PPayneAmarillo_Texas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Amarillo, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such kind words about your stay and the experience you had. Our staff strives to make sure each one of our guests enjoys every aspect of their visit with us. We know you have choices and we appreciate that you selected The Ambassador Amarillo for your stay. The team looks forward to seeing you back again.

Kind Regards,

Ambassador Amarillo Hotel
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I travel to Amarillo frequently for business, both solo and with colleagues, and I always book at the Amabassador. The rooms, atmosphere, and hotel ammenities are always clean and top of the line for the cost of the room. I have also worked with the hotel to set up large blocks of rooms for conferences, and I am always treated with courtesy and respect. It doesn't matter if I travel alone or with a large group, the staff is always accomdating and efficient. I have NEVER had the staff make an error on my reservations, and best of all, when you call the hotel, you speak with a person rather than an automated system. I totally recommend that a traveler stay in this hotel if they find themselves in Amarillo.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
PPayneAmarillo_Texas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Amarillo, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your experiences as a frequent guest at The Ambassador Hotel. Your continued patronage means a great deal to us, and our staff will be ecstatic to read your kind remarks. It is so nice when a guest takes the time to let us know that we are doing a good job!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

Stinnett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Our Special Olympics Team stayed there before a meet, and it was Fantastic. Staff and food Fanstastic. Very clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding the Special Olympics Team’s stay at our hotel before their meet. We truly strive to deliver the best in “Southern Hospitality” to each of our guests. I will be certain to share your wonderful remarks with our team about the staff and food being fantastic!

We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Kindest regards,

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We made a late night stop here flying cross country (black lab in tow). It's not the Ritz, but it's a nice bargain and a good place to call home for the night. I cannot say enough about the staff - extremely friendly. Our driver back to the airport was fantastic, and the front desk folks were most helpful.

My only complaint was the breakfast buffet. Needs quite a bit of work (some of the fruit was moldy and not a lot of selection - especially for the price).

As a business hotel, this will do well.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
PPayneAmarillo_Texas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Amarillo, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Ambassador Hotel. I was pleased to read that you our staff was friendly and helpful. All of our team strives to provide excellent service and exceed our guests’ expectations. I will be certain to share your kind remarks with the guest service and front desk team members.

I also appreciate your observations regarding our breakfast buffet, and will review your concerns with our Food & Beverage department.

Most sincerely,

The Ambassador Hotel

Been to Wyndham Garden Amarillo? Share your experiences!