“Just Right...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Hampton Inn Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 67 hotels in Amarillo
East Texas
“Just Right...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

For the price, this Hotel can't be beat. Friendly staff, large clean room, comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, etc. Nice lobby amenities include ice tea, lemonade, coffee, and freshly made popcorn available throughout the day. Basic breakfast includes make - your - own waffles, muffins, fruit, and cereal. Pros: price, cleanliness, staff, and the room / bed in general, interior hallway type hotel, and nice fenced in outdoor pool. Cons: no elevator, no microwave or refrigerator in the basic rooms. Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel for an inexpensive choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review about our property! We are very happy to hear that everything was just right for your stay from the room and staff to breakfast as well. Next time you're in Amarillo, stop in and see us!

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Quitique
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I reserved a room for Saturday night. Upon checking in desk clerk Justin checked me in to occupied rooms twice. Then tried to check me into a dirty room. By this time I was quite annoyed. Then he tried to blame his mistake on housekeeping. Pretty sure housekeeping was not responsible for checking me into occupied rooms. Does the computer not tell you when a room is occupied or dirty? How could he have miss that. After wasting an hour of my time and not getting a room I drove down the road to holiday inn. This gentleman needs to be retrained or fired. I then gave him my number and have his boss to call me and still have not received a call from the manager. Don't waste your time at this place. It's a CHAOS CIRCUS. I normally don't write reviews but I couldn't resist. This was ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Baymont Inn & Suites in East Amarillo. We are very sorry about the inconveniences you experienced while trying to get checked in. We have spoken to our Front Desk staff about playing the "blame game" and that it will not be tolerated. Again we do apologize for the experiences you had to deal with. Unfortunately, management did not receive your phone number nor did we hear about this issue. We are more than willing to talk to you at anytime to try and resolve this problem and come up with a solution for you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I stayed here while passing through from Dallas to Colorado Springs. We have to young boys 2 and 4 so a long drive is tough for them. Seeing how we were only stopping to sleep though that it would not be to bad. Check in was easy i used Hotels.com to book. The hotel was just rather old need some updating and a good cleaning. The manager was nice but appeared to not have any help we asked to go to the pool but it was locked and took him 30 min to get there due to helping people check in. The bathroom was dirty with hair in the tub and shower walls. The kids slept on the pull out sofa bed. Luckily they are small because the section of the bed that connected to the frame with springs was broke so only half the bed worked. Apparently the red roof inn next door has extended stay with people living there. There were people sitting outside in lawn chairs and a guy working on his motorcycle in the parking lot next door all in front of the pool. For the price I would have much rather spent $15 more and stayed on the West side of town where everything is much nicer. No elevator was a bad idea due to us having some much stuff even though we only stayed one night we were on a 12 day trip.

Room Tip: Stay on the West side of town if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Baymont East on your recent stay in Amarillo. I am truly sorry that there were errors in your stay. Housekeeping and maintenance are hard at work to correct these problems so that they do not occur again. We appreciate your feedback because it helps us to improve.
Hemet, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just no elevator....Did have a hard time finding this Hotel even with the GPS....Its not the Hotel but the city...and the way its designed...I'd stay here again...but would ask for a down stairs floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Baymont Inn & Suites in East Amarillo. We are sorry that you had difficulty finding our property but are very glad that our service and amenities were up to your standards. We hope to see you again during your travels!

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!