“Great dog friendly property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Hampton Inn Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #23 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
Calgary, Canada
“Great dog friendly property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Amarillo always surprises me in how it is sometimes so tough to find a room when your passing through, but I knew I had to plan ahead because I had my golden retriever with me. I booked this through Hilton's 800 number while I was driving on the road and in New Mexico at the time. Its an older property but when I got there the front desk was courteous, and even welcomed me with a treat bag for my dog. Good basic room, for a good price, and my dog was welcome too! What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: I'm normally very spontaneous when traveling, but its different when you've got a pet with y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review the Amarillo Hampton Inn. We are glad you and your pet enjoyed your stay. We know that pets are an important part of our guest’s lives and we try to make sure pets enjoy their stay with us too!

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

In July 2012 we stayed at Hampton Inn in Amarillo while traveling to Nevada for vacation.
Our experience at this hotel was the worse. The Air Conditioning did not work well at all. It was so hot inside the room, we had to take showers just to cool down. There is NO Elevator!! We were traveling with a infant which required us to carry all our luggage and baby items up to the second floor. Then back down the next morning. However, the front desk individual was friendly and the Complimentary breakfast was great. It was awful and I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I rate the sleep quality and rooms as poor due to air conditioning not working and there is not an e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Amarillo Hampton Inn. I use comments from our guests to make improvements in the hotel. Since you stayed with us we have replaced several of the air conditioning units in our hotel rooms. Unfortunately we experienced some of the hottest days this year in July and with the 100+ degree strain on our units, some failed. I do want to assure you we are taking steps to make sure this issue does not occur again in the future.
Regrettably we do not have an elevator on property. We do however try to accommodate any guest requests for first floor rooms. When we are not able to meet these requests, we offer help with luggage when available. We know that it can be difficult to carry several pieces of luggage up the stairs. While we can not install an elevator, we can continue to provide the best services possible for our guests to accommodate their needs.
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Getting off the interstate westbound, take a left and go under the overpass careful to not get in the extrem left lane which is a u-turn lane. Go one block pass the overpass and make right hand turn to make the block to get to hotel. The road that it is on is a oneway street.
Group of forty soaked bikers hit this hotel at the same time after getting caught in flash flood and staff didn't miss a beat. They had us all checked in with bringing extra staff to help with check in in record time. Situated in very busy area.
The accomidations were comfortable, group rate $64.
No washer/dryer in hotel, but has agreement with hotel next door to use their's. Not locked room.
Made arrangement for limo from Big Texan Steak House to pick us all up and bring back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We enjoyed hosting the Ride for the Relay this year and hope to see you all again next year! I will make sure to share your comments with my staff.
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arriving in Amarillo, Texas in temperatures of 98 degrees was not the best of circumstances, but upon check in we found a very friendly face welcoming us. She immediately offered ice cold bottled water and of course their great cookies. After check in was completed, we were told that in a hour they would be having a get together with snacks and drinks. How surprising and welcoming experience. They offered vegetables with dip, nachos with shredded beef which was very delicious and ice cold beer, soda, water and much more.

The room is your average size with two double beds, which is sufficient for a nights sleep. Clean sheets and towels and we were set. Thank you Hampton Inn for continuously making our stays pleasant. Would highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We know there are many options in the Amarillo area and also know that many of our guests have been on the road and need a little time to unwind. We offer our reception as a thank you to our guests for choosing to stay with us. We hope we will see you again on your next stay in Amarillo!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ok, this is a nuanced review, so please read it carefully. I purchased one night on an advanced purchase, non-refundable rate of about $86. I made it to Amarillo so fast that I could have easily continued driving all the way to Raton, NM where another Hampton Inn could have accommodated me. The desk clerk at the Amarillo property was GREAT. He was sincerely helpful and tried to get my reservation moved to the Raton property. But, the Hampton Inn CORPORATE office was incredibly disagreeable and would not move my reservation. Ok, I understand that the reservation was non-modifiable too, but why in the world would Hampton Inn care if I moved to ANOTHER HAMPTON INN? The woman at the corporate office (Latoya) continued to monotonously repeat the same thing about "it's impossible to change your reservation in any way". So, I stayed at the Amarillo property. The room was ok, but evidently housekeeping sprays the carpets with some nauseating air freshener that really is terrible. It was overwhelmingly strong and made the stay really uncomfortable. But, again, the on-site property staff was very helpful and did all they could to waive the rules about the non-modifiable reservations.

In conclusion, even if Hampton Inn (a Hilton Property) has a policy like it does, the chain could really ingratiate its customers if it would allow changes ONLY if the customer books at another Hampton Inn.

I still give this a 2 star. Residence Inns are way better in my humble opinion.

Room Tip: Just make sure the housekeepers don't spray the carpet with that sickeningly heavy deodorizer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn Amarillo. I am sorry to hear you were unable to modify your reservation with the Hilton Corporate office; however I am pleased my staff did everything they could to assist with the issue. I will be speaking with my housekeeping staff about the room spray. There is a fine line between too little and too much and it sounds as though they used too much in your room. We use reviews like yours to improve our staff, policies, and facility, so again, Thank You for letting us know about your stay.
Bastrop, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I'm a business traveler used to a fairly consistent experience from Hampton Inn, so I was a little shocked by this hotel. There is elevator and my room was extremely small. The smell of mildew and smoke was always in the air. And my ceiling was cracked and peeling indicating past water damage. The staff (except for the front desk) is the only reason I gave two stars. They were very friendly and courteous. The housekeeping staff does a good job, but they're pretty slow. It was not uncommon for me to return from work and find my room had not yet been cleaned yet. I think management might be needing a reality check....they charged me (my company) nearly a hundred dollars a night, but frankly, this is a $59/69 a night hotel at best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I apologize that the smoke and mildew smell was an issue. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. I will also be speaking with my staff about the slow cleaning time you mentioned. We are in the process of renovating our hotel rooms and will start a public area renovation this fall. The next time you are in Amarillo, I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you the freshness and value you deserve.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn than I expected when I booked the reservation. It's location is right next to I-40, so it is convenient. It's in need of renovation, but it was ok for an overnight stay of one night. My room had a slight smell of mildew I tried to ignore since I arrived late and went straight to bed. There is no elevator so I had to carry my baggage up the stairs to the second floor. It's located in an area near fast food restaurants such as Sonic and Wendy's. The a/c worked quickly to cool off the room, so I was able to get a good nights rest. Parking is quite limited and somewhat cramped with small spaces and big trucks. Having stayed here, I would probably not opt to return to this particular location unless I'd read that it's been renovated. If everything else in the area is booked, then I'd return. The staff was nice enough. There's a complimentary breakfast in the mornings. There's one computer in the lobby for guests but it was crowded/occupied in the evening and again in the morning when I was checking out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I use comments like yours to improve the hotel. We will be renovating this hotel during the winter months and into next year. One of the additions we will be making is a private business center as well as an on-site fitness center. I will be speaking with my housekeeping and maintenance departments about the mildew smell you mentioned.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!