“Great Hotel!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Hampton Inn Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This can be summed up in two words! LOVED IT!!!!
After staying a few of these hotels in this chain, we found that this is where we will book reservations from now on no matter where we go. We love the Hampton Inn's that we stayed in from Florida to New Mexico. Excellent all the way!!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this chain is great!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the worst Hampton Inn I've ever had to stay in. As a Hilton Honors Member I have to rate this Hampton Inn as WAY below Hampton standards. The Halls and room smelled like an old worn out Bingo hall full of smoke and old people smell. The AC unit filter and unit was beyond dirty. The walls are falling apart and the bathroom popcorn ceiling is falling down. The pillow case was nasty with another's makeup all over it, due to not being changed after the last guest. The sink was clogged and nasty black mold was all around the drain. If I didn't have my bottle of Fabreze with me I would of slept in the car. The always gross Red Roof Inn is next door and this place should also share the same name because this should not be a Hotel in the Hilton Family or even called a Hampton Inn. 0 stars for this s---t hole!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team and maintenance and we are now actively taking steps to insure every room is clean and well maintained. As the new manager, I have been working with the staff to implement new processes and renovate rooms. The next time you are in Amarillo, I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you the cleanliness and value you deserve.
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Amarillo for two nights on our way to Colorado and back. The rooms were clean. The staff was helpful. Our room was very quiet, given that the hotel is right off of an interstate highway. The free breakfast offerings were among the best I have seen.
That said, the other reviewers are correct -- this hotel does not have the amenities of most newer Hampton Inns. The bathrooms are functional, but very small. There is no closet -- only an armoire. There is no fridge or microwave. The pool is located between the hotel and its parking lot, with no shade or greenery.
I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay, but I would recommend it for a one or two night stay to those passing through. The room rate made it a good value for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lago Vista, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having to use only 12,500 Hilton Honor miles to stay here was a fantastic deal as the hotel, though needing some updating, was not bad . Not bad at all. The staff was great! They called a limo for us to head to The Big Texan to eat, sent over extra pillows immediately, and helped us find a room right where I could keep at eye on our moving trailer. The rooms here are smaller if that matters to you, but overall a would give em a big Yee Haw!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. We will be renovating several areas of the hotel in the coming months. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure my staff reads your comments.
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here going out to Colorado and had 4 of us in a room.
The rooms were too small along with one of the smallest bathrooms I've seen.
see photos. Not real comfortable bed. We stayed at the Red Roof next door on our way back and will stay there from now on. This place did have better and more variety for breakfast. Much better value next door in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012
ESCONDIDO, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

For the price of the room, it is a good value for the Amarillo area. The rooms and premise are clean, but everything is in need of updating. My husband and I are used to stayng in newer Hampton Inns, so the size of the room, and especially the bathroom, was very disappointing. It would not be a problem for someone traveling by themselves, but as a couple, it was impossible to "share" the bathroom. The hotel staff was VERY friendly and accommodating, but they could only do so much. It is a shame to have such good staff get poor overall ratings because of the building.

Room Tip: No elevators....get a ground floor room if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chicagoland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is an older Hampton night and day different from the Hampton Inn and Suites down the road in Amarillo (where I highly recommend staying instead) unless you are traveling with a dog, then this is the Hampton for you. BUT be warned, dog smell is everywhere including the breakfast area. If you have dog allergies, this is not the place to stay. There are also no elevators so you have to walk up to the 2nd floor with all your stuff. This is not at all what I expected from a Hampton and will not be staying again. Despite the dogs (seriously thought there was a dog show near by because this must be one of the only hotels to allow dogs!) getting a good night sleep is totally possible with the standard comfy Hampton beds so there is that consolation.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you want to be away from the majority of dog rooms on the 1st floor but be ready to wal...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!