“Real value, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Hampton Inn Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Real value, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I hesitated, due to lukewarm ratings on tripadvisor, but needing two rooms using Hilton points, I found this a bargain at 12,500 points when everything else in Amarillo was twice the "price", so I gave it a chance. I'm so glad I did. The staff is gracious and friendly, accommodated our early arrival, and even found adjoining rooms for us. There was a free managers' happy hour the first evening (a Wednesday), which we missed, and then the free breakfast was what really set this apart from other Hampton Inn's. Where I'm used to EITHER eggs, or biscuits&gravy, or some other main course, this place had it all: eggs, ham, oatmeal, waffles, pastries, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, and more.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
My only warning would be that if you have trouble with stairs, request a ground-floor room, maybe ahead of time, because there is no elevator to the second floor. Also, make sure to inspect your bill. One of our party probably accidentally rented a movie, but since he turned it off after a minute, the front desk promptly removed the charge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Friendswood, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I am staying at the Hampton Amarillo and there is nothing wrong with this place. The rooms are updated with new furniture and bathrooms. The place is clean.....Now, this hotel is an older Hampton, built before the ADA that requires wide halls, doors and elevators, so this hotel is like the La Quinta or the Red Roof next door with internal halls and the security what that brings.
The price of this hotel reflects the amenities, better than the neighboring hotels at the same price.

Room Tip: This hotel is quiet....no I-40 traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at this Hampton for close to 20 years and always found it to be reliable, but after our stay 2 weeks ago (April 2012) we have decided to go elsewhere on our next stop in Amarillo. The first problem was the "non-smoking" room we were initially offered: it stank of deeply- imbedded, stale smoke. The next room smelled fresh and the furnishings were up to date, but the toilet did not flush well, and the door frames were battered. The hallways also were showing their age. The place has exceeded its useful life under the Hampton brand. Hilton needs to put a new store on the east side of town.

Stayed May 2011
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Umn... we stayed here last night coming home from a ski vacation. It is really not what you expect from a Hampton label- very close to the Microtel level we had in Raton... listen- I had a good night's sleep there, but it's not up to Hilton standard. My husband, who is a diamond Hilton honors member, chose this one- and it is going to become our little joke. It was the most basic Hampton we've ever booked. No closets- absentee desk employee- our keys didn't work when we first used them, had to get them fixed. There was a computer right inside the doorway. Aesthetics... umn... what's that? We were tired. No problem. I was comfortable. Bathrooms were clean looking and so were beds. This is not a nice hotel however. Don't pick this for a special occasion. Soccer trip- okay. Breakfast was decent and hot- we got in and out. That's what it is good for.

Room Tip: Just want to sleep- this is the place for you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My family was traveling between Austin, TX and Denver, CO for a family wedding. We stopped in Amarillio on the way. I always seek out Hampton Inns as they tend to me a good value for the money.

This Hampton did disappoint a bit. It needs some work. Nothing was as clean and sharp as other Hampton I have stayed in. The basics were there. The white comforter, the free Wifi, the breakfast but the vibe was not good. The one odd thing about the room is no closet. They have added furniture to make up for this. It took us a few minutes to figure it out.

Room had all the standards. Desk, chair, night stand and nice TV.

While I was in the shower the popcorn ceiling fell off and landed on my head. The carpet was more worn than I would prefer. Towel smelled a bit funny to me.

Corporate needs to come in and do a remodel or something. This place needs a good scrub. For $80 it felt like I over paid. Who says that about an $80 a night hotel room? It just felt like I could have gone next door to the Red Roof Inn and gotten the same room for less money.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I just didn't like the smell and visual of the building.

There are other Hampton in town and next time I may try those but I doubt I will be back to this one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

In all the years of travel we have never had a bad experience staying in a Hampton Inn. While their prices seem to have gone up a little above motels they used to be equal to, they have also insured a good, positive experience every time we stay with them. You will never go wrong with a Hampton Inn

Room Tip: We found our room to be quiet, and in spite of a number of guests, the facility was relaxed and calm...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We generally are very comfortable and safe at Hampton Inns but this one is to be avoided. It looks just like the Red Roof Inn next door and about as safe and comfortable. The stair access to the second floor required no key and looked like a cement dormitory stair well. There were cars simply parked in the covered entrance with people standing around outside. The room was supposed to be a suite but it was simply a narrow room with a single king bed and sofa. It reminded me of Hotel 6 rooms. The staff could have cared less about my concerns. Stay overnight if you want but I instead suggested to Hampton that they remove their name from this property.

Room Tip: No advice. Diamond member did not seem to even matter to the concierge.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family