“Not up to Hampton Standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103 (Formerly Hampton Inn Amarillo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Austin, Texas
“Not up to Hampton Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My family was traveling between Austin, TX and Denver, CO for a family wedding. We stopped in Amarillio on the way. I always seek out Hampton Inns as they tend to me a good value for the money.

This Hampton did disappoint a bit. It needs some work. Nothing was as clean and sharp as other Hampton I have stayed in. The basics were there. The white comforter, the free Wifi, the breakfast but the vibe was not good. The one odd thing about the room is no closet. They have added furniture to make up for this. It took us a few minutes to figure it out.

Room had all the standards. Desk, chair, night stand and nice TV.

While I was in the shower the popcorn ceiling fell off and landed on my head. The carpet was more worn than I would prefer. Towel smelled a bit funny to me.

Corporate needs to come in and do a remodel or something. This place needs a good scrub. For $80 it felt like I over paid. Who says that about an $80 a night hotel room? It just felt like I could have gone next door to the Red Roof Inn and gotten the same room for less money.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I just didn't like the smell and visual of the building.

There are other Hampton in town and next time I may try those but I doubt I will be back to this one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

In all the years of travel we have never had a bad experience staying in a Hampton Inn. While their prices seem to have gone up a little above motels they used to be equal to, they have also insured a good, positive experience every time we stay with them. You will never go wrong with a Hampton Inn

Room Tip: We found our room to be quiet, and in spite of a number of guests, the facility was relaxed and calm...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We generally are very comfortable and safe at Hampton Inns but this one is to be avoided. It looks just like the Red Roof Inn next door and about as safe and comfortable. The stair access to the second floor required no key and looked like a cement dormitory stair well. There were cars simply parked in the covered entrance with people standing around outside. The room was supposed to be a suite but it was simply a narrow room with a single king bed and sofa. It reminded me of Hotel 6 rooms. The staff could have cared less about my concerns. Stay overnight if you want but I instead suggested to Hampton that they remove their name from this property.

Room Tip: No advice. Diamond member did not seem to even matter to the concierge.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here with a friend on a drive up to Colorado with a herd of bicycles. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

The room was small, and got even smaller when we brought all the bikes inside for the night.

The bathroom was tiny, but well laid out. The bathroom amenities and towels were nothing to write home about.

The beds were comfortable, and that's all we really needed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed overnight on our way home from vacation. The Staff was friendly and the rooms lcean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Friendswood, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

It's an older hotel that is going through renovations. It wasn't horrible, but the hotel is older. If you are expecting a typical new and nice Hampton Inn, this one may be a disappointment to you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way through Amarillo last weekend. We chose this particular hotel because we had our two dogs with us (they're big - 70 and 90 pounds) and needed a "pet friendly" hotel to stay in. They didn't have any problem with the size of the dogs and charged no pet fee!

The room, however, was mediocre at best. The good news is that it was pretty clean. The bad is that the bed was hard, the pillows were flat, and the AC took FOREVER to cool the room (although it should be taken into account it is August in west Texas).

To summarize, the room was adequate and suited our needs, but for $100 bucks a night I'd stay somewhere else next time!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!