“No luxury in sight” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Luxury Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Luxury Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2915 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Thailand
“No luxury in sight”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We made a mistake booking this online as there are lots of accommodation choices along the highway as you approach Amarillo.

There was nothing luxurious about this at all. It's a tired old motel-type property with staff that didn't want to be there. The room was dingy and the access card to the room never worked. We had to go back to the lobby every time we tried to enter the room to get a new card.

The breakfast was extremely basic, although there was a waffle maker. The woman on duty was quite annoyed at having to refill the waffle batter when the machine was empty, and that about sums up the place.

The price online was much higher than what was advertised on the motel sign as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away from the house for a couple of days for Valentine's Day. We were on a budget but the price was right at the Luxury Inn. I took a look at the pictures and the list of ammenities and decided that this would be a perfect choice. So he booked a room for us.
Upon arrival, the staff was rude. The Indian guy who checked us in (I guess he was the owner) was rude and asked us 6 times in a row if we smoked. We said "No, that's why we asked for a nonsmoking room." But he kept insisting that we were smokers and kept asking us the same question. We brushed it off, we didn't care. We just wanted to get to our room. When we entered our room, OMG it smelled so bad and was dirty. I cannot begin to describe how badly it smelled. It looked like there was some kind of a fight in the room because there were holes in the walls that were plastered (and not very well) and shoe prints on the door and refrigerator. We were supposed to have a hair dryer and iron/ironing board in the room-- none to be found. Only one light worked in the room so most of the time we were just in the dark. Outside we witnessed some people buying drugs and a woman prostituting herself by the curb.
The pool was empty and dirty, and the hot tub was working but it was dirty and the water looked slimy. Oh, but we were told there was nothing wrong with the hot tub. *Ugh*
The ice machine (I say THE because there was only one) was broken. And the vending machine (again THE) was located in the lobby which was not accessible during the night. The vending machine also would not take change. The breakfast food was less than mediocre... the milk wasn't even in ice. It was just horrible.
My boyfriend and I are never coming back to this dump. We recommend to everyone to keep driving and find somewhere else if you are looking for a place to stay. Spend the extra money somewhere else. That or sleep in a ditch because you'll get the same kind of service there...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. I beg of you!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The room was dirty. The bed uncomfortable and I had a hard time sleeping because it felt like I was going to flip out of it because it felt unsteady. The towels in the bathroom had lipstick marks on it. I did not take a shower because the shower looked dirty. Overall, the place was a dump and I paid , too much for a dirty uncomfortable room. I would not recommend staying at Luxury Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Indian owner argued about the internet price listed & wouldn't honor it. Room was completely disgusting & smelled like pee & mold. Switched rooms & that room smelled less awful, but not much better. You may get a fridge or a microwave that look old & dirty. Everything was old, dirty & just gross! We were so tired we decided to stay, but I've never felt more disgusted ever & I've lived & traveled in Africa & Asia. We brought sleeping bags from the car so didn't have to sleep on their sheets. The bedspread was burned with holes & smelled awful. Didn't want to even touch the remote control. Their TV was old, color off & poor quality. Tile in bathroom was old, cracked & stained with rust. Towels were old & dirty & stained looking. Carpet was worn with holes & many stains. Parking lot was full of potholes. The place needs to be razed & build a new one. Just an awful place! Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is a total dump!! If I could give it negative stars, I would. From the "people" hanging out outside their rooms, to the running toilets, to the blankets with holes in them, and every other reason you can think of, this is FAR from "luxury". You're better off sleeping in your car on the interstate. Seriously! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed June 2013
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I just stay for a week because I'm moving out of the state and I sold my house, the first thing they put me in a room that the door has a HOLE in it, I go back to tell them that I want my money back and they told me they don't issue refunds, they find me another room a little betther but dirty smell like trash and old furniture, i just go to the store and clean everything with Clorox and desinfectant.

the owner is always there and complaining for everything, even if you fill your ice chest, breakfast is only hot cakes and mufffings, pool smell bad, dirty and has a carpet around and the hot tub the water was green. another thing is a lot people going in and out and walking in the parking lot, I can't sleep watching my car all night.

don't spend a dollar in it specially if you traveling with family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

As I pulled up to this the first thing I notice where a lot of people hanging around outside, I drove around the parking lot and saw more people sitting outside the rooms, so having prepaid online with no refund, a car full of my life possions since I'm moving I glady gave up the $50 and paid $80 to stay somewhere else.

But it seems not matter what the price you pay some people just are bad travelers, as I typed in my room at the days inn a couple are yelling at each other in the parking lot outside my room......

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Luxury Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!