“I kissed $50 goodbye” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Inn and Suites

You added Luxury Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Luxury Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2915 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Dallas, Texas
“I kissed $50 goodbye”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

As I pulled up to this the first thing I notice where a lot of people hanging around outside, I drove around the parking lot and saw more people sitting outside the rooms, so having prepaid online with no refund, a car full of my life possions since I'm moving I glady gave up the $50 and paid $80 to stay somewhere else.

But it seems not matter what the price you pay some people just are bad travelers, as I typed in my room at the days inn a couple are yelling at each other in the parking lot outside my room......

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place was the worst dump I have EVER seen in my entire life! I've stayed in roach motels before, but this place took the cake. I hope it was only our particular room...But I sincerely doubt it. The room's door barely closed, as if it had been kicked in before. It was located in possibly the most disgusting part of the motel, too: the pool room! It was carpeted, of all things, and the carpet was horrifyingly soiled. The pool water ( or sludge) was yellow. The skylights above looked like someone peed on them and they were broken. The ''patio furniture'' was in terrible shape. The carpet in the room was covered in black soil spots. The bed was sort of comfy but the thought of paying 90 bucks to sleep in it made skin crawl. PLEASE stay away from this 'luxury' inn. BARF!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We checked in at 5:45 pm and within an hour I was moved from one room to another and witnessed a man try to break into a car parked right next to my moving truck. The first room was extremely dirty - dead moths everywhere and the ceiling in the bathroom was half way gone, drywall laying in the bath. The cops were called by the staff. The guy got away with it bc they couldn't see him fully in the camera footage. I was traveling with my 2 small children and decided I needed to get out of there. They wouldn't refund my money for the room. Their reasoning was I should feel safe since they couldn't identify anyone at the hotel causing problems. Ya, only because their "security" cameras suck!!! How should I feel safe when I saw the guy with my own two eyes!!!! Just seriously....stay away from this place.

• Stayed August 2012
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Every other hotel we called was booked and I completely understand why. If we weren't traveling with an infant and dog, I would have slept in the car instead of here. I wouldnt lay my daughter on anything without putting a blanket down first, we even opted to skip showers and just hit the road instead. I had knots in my stomach when we pulled up and I'm pretty sure I witnessed a drug deal while my husband was checking in. It smelled like pee, puke and dirty kitty litter and the security doors to keep visitors out of side doors were broken. I promise you, don't reserve here, it's a complete waste of money! I'm so mad we spent more than $10 on this pathetic hotel, how does the health department allow it to stay open?!

• Stayed June 2012
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

There is only one work to describe this place. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN!

This place should be condemned by the health inspectors.

I slept in my coat fully dressed and did not walk on the capet without taking my socks off.

Could not wait to get home and wash everything in Clorox and hot water.

Here's praying I did not bring bedbugs home.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I were headed from Dallas to Colorado. We stopped in Amarillo as it was 1:30AM. OMG! This place was HORRIBLE! Very dirty, bathroom fixtures broken, carpet beyond dirty. I am am washing all my stuff now, praying we didn't come home with bed bugs. It should really be shut down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

***SLEEP IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD!!!!***

I will keep this as short and unemotional as possible. Running water...check. Electricity...check. Bed...check. Locking door...check. Working AC...check. Beyond that...um, no.

This is a facility that apparently has not been renovated or upgraded since the late 1960's. I recognized the bath tub faucet and fixtures as being almost identical to the original fixtures in the house I grew up in that was built in the 1960's! The hot water spigot was running even when shut off and had left a considerable deposit of lime on the faucet. The sliding glass shower door no longer slides. In fact, it had a propensity to fall off the tracks.

The room decor was also very dated. The room's smoke detector had been wall papered over. Let me restate that. The smoke detector was deliberately covered over with pieces of wall paper. At least it was the same wall paper that was on the walls. Now, I might not be up-to-date on the fire codes for Amarillo, but I'm pretty sure that a smoke detector is not supposed to be covered up with wall paper. Even so, it was not a very good cover-up job.

The pool and jacuzzi spa appeared to have been neglected and I wouldn't recommend using either one without having a tetanus shot first. The chlorine fumes from the indoor pool area permeated our room on the 2nd floor.

This hotel is on its last legs and the "American" owners seem to be doing their best to milk this dilapidated old death trap for every penny they can get from the hapless victims who are unfortunate enough to rent a room for the night there. This seems to be very stereo-typical of old hotels and motels that are eventually purchased by naturalized citizens who originate from 3rd world countries. I guess the best short description of this place would be "Reeks of 3rd world charm and peril".

This is not a motel that you should try. It is one that should be condemned and bulldozed to the ground!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Luxury Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!