“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PLACE!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Inn and Suites

You added Luxury Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Luxury Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2915 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PLACE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We checked in at 5:45 pm and within an hour I was moved from one room to another and witnessed a man try to break into a car parked right next to my moving truck. The first room was extremely dirty - dead moths everywhere and the ceiling in the bathroom was half way gone, drywall laying in the bath. The cops were called by the staff. The guy got away with it bc they couldn't see him fully in the camera footage. I was traveling with my 2 small children and decided I needed to get out of there. They wouldn't refund my money for the room. Their reasoning was I should feel safe since they couldn't identify anyone at the hotel causing problems. Ya, only because their "security" cameras suck!!! How should I feel safe when I saw the guy with my own two eyes!!!! Just seriously....stay away from this place.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Every other hotel we called was booked and I completely understand why. If we weren't traveling with an infant and dog, I would have slept in the car instead of here. I wouldnt lay my daughter on anything without putting a blanket down first, we even opted to skip showers and just hit the road instead. I had knots in my stomach when we pulled up and I'm pretty sure I witnessed a drug deal while my husband was checking in. It smelled like pee, puke and dirty kitty litter and the security doors to keep visitors out of side doors were broken. I promise you, don't reserve here, it's a complete waste of money! I'm so mad we spent more than $10 on this pathetic hotel, how does the health department allow it to stay open?!

• Stayed June 2012
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

There is only one work to describe this place. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN!

This place should be condemned by the health inspectors.

I slept in my coat fully dressed and did not walk on the capet without taking my socks off.

Could not wait to get home and wash everything in Clorox and hot water.

Here's praying I did not bring bedbugs home.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I were headed from Dallas to Colorado. We stopped in Amarillo as it was 1:30AM. OMG! This place was HORRIBLE! Very dirty, bathroom fixtures broken, carpet beyond dirty. I am am washing all my stuff now, praying we didn't come home with bed bugs. It should really be shut down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

***SLEEP IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD!!!!***

I will keep this as short and unemotional as possible. Running water...check. Electricity...check. Bed...check. Locking door...check. Working AC...check. Beyond that...um, no.

This is a facility that apparently has not been renovated or upgraded since the late 1960's. I recognized the bath tub faucet and fixtures as being almost identical to the original fixtures in the house I grew up in that was built in the 1960's! The hot water spigot was running even when shut off and had left a considerable deposit of lime on the faucet. The sliding glass shower door no longer slides. In fact, it had a propensity to fall off the tracks.

The room decor was also very dated. The room's smoke detector had been wall papered over. Let me restate that. The smoke detector was deliberately covered over with pieces of wall paper. At least it was the same wall paper that was on the walls. Now, I might not be up-to-date on the fire codes for Amarillo, but I'm pretty sure that a smoke detector is not supposed to be covered up with wall paper. Even so, it was not a very good cover-up job.

The pool and jacuzzi spa appeared to have been neglected and I wouldn't recommend using either one without having a tetanus shot first. The chlorine fumes from the indoor pool area permeated our room on the 2nd floor.

This hotel is on its last legs and the "American" owners seem to be doing their best to milk this dilapidated old death trap for every penny they can get from the hapless victims who are unfortunate enough to rent a room for the night there. This seems to be very stereo-typical of old hotels and motels that are eventually purchased by naturalized citizens who originate from 3rd world countries. I guess the best short description of this place would be "Reeks of 3rd world charm and peril".

This is not a motel that you should try. It is one that should be condemned and bulldozed to the ground!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family was on a vacation and we were looking for a place to stay on our way home. So you see "Luxury" and think, "well that place has to be decent." WRONG!!! My son, upon walking into the lobby said, "Mom, this place is a dump!" I was thinking the same thing, but told him that the room might be ok. WRONG AGAIN!! We completely unpacked our car and went to our room. When I walked into the room, there was an overwhelming smell of urine. I was immediately sick to my stomach and turned around and walked out. I went to the front desk and told the lady that I was sorry and had never done this before, but I could not stay there and asked for a refund. She was very accomodating and gave me a refund. She did not ask why or what was wrong or anything, so I am assuming that it must happen quite often. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were so tired from driving that we pulled off to stay the night. Luxury Inn seemed like a good name. But beware, rooms are very old and smell like it. Our room needed a good vacuuming and cleaning. Just a warning this place is not a place for any living creature to stay not even just for a few hours to catch a nap.

Room Tip: there are no best rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Luxury Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!