“I wouldn't...” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Tampa, Florida
“I wouldn't...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I wouldn't chance it if I were you. While the atmosphere isn't great (it looks like a renovated Taco Bell) we weren't intimidated by it because good food is simple. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, since we were there to eat, nothing can make up for the poor food quality. We started with chips and salsa, as does everyone. They were fine so I ordered guacamole to go with them. Mistake. Big mistake. It was a gray mass whose only taste came from jalapenos. The enchiladas were inedible. The filling, shrimp in my case, was fried in prehistoric oil/fat. Even the enchilada sauce was greasy with huge chunks of overcooked onion. The cheese inside was cold and how they got it so greasy is beyond me. The only thing I was able to eat besides the chips and salsa was the shredded iceberg lettuce and tomato on the side.
It is too bad because I think they could have made a nice little family restaurant here. Decent location and a great and friendly staff are a good start. They are going to have to make things freshly and get a better cook.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Amarillo
“One of the best mexican food i've tried in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

The Food was hot and tasty the service was great. I went on a limb and tried on of there unquie menu items other then the basic enchilada and taco. I had the oaxaca which is a fire grilled relleno with spiced shirp and talapia fish stuffed inside and a really good tropical sauce which had mild spicyness to it, and my girl friend had the i think called adobada tacos which are pork fajita cooked in a adobo sauce which i tried and tasted awesome. From what the waitress told me this resturant is family owned in amarillo and have 3 locations. I've hadn't tried food with this taste since i was in mexico on vacation. Only bad thing is there website alittle outdated dosn't have the new location they opened recently.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tx
“AWESOME, Authentic, Homemade, Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

I was just passing through Amarillo, and I jsut happen to stop by this Mexican Restaurant and all I can say it was awesome, great food, great service and it was spotless clean. I wished I could have a restaurant like this in my town. Thank you for bringing real Mexican food to the US.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dumas, Texas
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Really good, tradicional Mexican food. We ate there in July on a pretty hot day around noon. I was sweating pretty hard as the room was really warm. The waitress saw me and I guess she felt sorry for us and cooled the place down. The meal was worth the wait and uncomforts. Try the Chelada drink. The enchiladas melted in out mouth. I'd have given them a 5 star if the place had been more comfortable climate wise. Neat, clean Mexican atmosphere. I'll go back.

Amarillo, Texas
“The food was really good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

The food was really good and tasted really fresh. But the service was a little awkward, maybe next I'll get take out.