You may find this review on other ‘rating sites’… it is my intent to make this issue known as widely as possible. The facts detailed below can be verified by checking with the Amarillo Police Dept, they were called and a report was generated.
ISSUE: Over the toilet in each room is a louvered vent, designed to dissipate the moisture from the showers…. IT CAN ALSO IS BEING USED FOR A PERSON ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL TO LOOK INTO THE BATH AREA OF GUESTS WHILE THEY SHOWER.
The motel rooms are constructed in ‘wings’… each wing has the rooms facing outwards so they sit back-to-back. On the end of the wing… is a maintenance door which allows workers to enter the wing “between” the line of rooms at their back so that they can have ready access to each rooms plumbing fixtures if necessary.
When the Peeping Tom was discovered… (it’s a bit disconcerting when you glance up at the vent and see a brown eyeball looking back at you)… he quickly escaped out the maintenance door. When the police were called, they checked and reported that there were several “maintenance doors” to the other wings which were not locked.
I have certain expectations when I or my family stay at a hotel/motel, … primary is their safety. For me there is no ‘grey area’ on this… the maintenance doors should have been locked… additionally… they should be checked by management periodically to insure they remain secure … on top of that… management should know who… and how many keys are outstanding that open theses areas. I strongly suspect that none of the things were done.
So… those of you who are exhibitionist, and look forward to being spied upon…. feel free to flock to this motel… you may feel you get your moneys worth… for the rest of you…. If you value your privacy and your safety for yourself and the ones you love… I would recommend a different motel.
The management did reluctantly refund the charges incurred for the room when we left… I can’t say that is a major “plus” for the motel… it, in my opinion, is the very least they should have done.
I will add that we were told that the owner would be informed in the morning about what happened and that he would contact us… I’d like to go on record to state that the ‘owner’ of the motel never contacted us regarding this incident to get any additional information or to apologize for what happened… this, for me, sends a strong message that the owner doesn’t give a ____ about the guest. The Amarillo Police, to their credit, “did” do a follow up phone call to insure all of the facts taken by the patrol officers were, in fact, correct.
This was my experience at the Best Western Amarillo Inn,… what will yours be?
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Medical Hotel Amarillo
- Best Western Medical Hotel
- Best Western Amarillo
- Best Western Amarillo Hotel
- Amarillo Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated with New Management! Upgraded property from top to bottom, come experience the friendliest service in Amarillo! We are conveniently located 1/2 mile North of Interstate 40 and in the Heart of the Harrington Regional Medical District. We offer a full range of amenities from our Indoor pool/hot tub, fitness center, HOT breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Medical Center Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.