“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Amarillo
Modesto, California, Usa
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had been driving for 7 hours by the time I arrived. Check-in was a breeze. If the shower had had more pressure, I would have given a higher rating. The bathroom was cramped and a bottle of cleaner was left on the toilet. I was a late check-in at 12 midnight, and had reserved the room in advance, so this shouldn't have happenned. The staff were awesome and breakfast was fresh and hearty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMCI_GM, Manager at BEST WESTERN Medical Center Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
I apologize that shower pressure was low and will have maintenance check that out. I have already informed the Head Housekeeper about the bottle of cleaner that was left on the toilet. I do hope you will give us another chance to give you the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you for informing us of this issues so we can get those corrected.

Take good care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

1- boogers on the wall of our room. 2- filth down the walls of the bathroom from guests using the trash can placed in the corner. 3- filth on the bottom of doors inside and out. 4- the carpet is nasty, in room and down halls. 5-every vacant room or closet had trash and junk piled in them with the doors open for guests to see. 6- this hotel needs an overhaul/update and a serious CLEANING 7- owners need to employ adequate staff to do the necessary cleaning and maintenance. There was a family, complete with very small children, acting as housekeeping when we checked in around 9 PM. 8- mattress bigger than box springs (Q over double) 9- bedskirt bigger than box spring (Q over double). Take aways- I will NEVER book a room from the app Hotel Tonight and I will NEVER book a room without reading trip advisor again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I do want you to know that we are very aware of our staffing issues and are working on that. I do apologize for your experience and understand your frustrations. I sincerely wish you the very best and hope that one day, you will give us a chance to give you the stay you deserve.
Daytona Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

3 rooms to get one that was semi fit to sleep in. A/C broken. 3 stinky smelly smoke filled rooms that were all claimed to be non-smoking. Clerk could have cared less. It was just dirty, hot and disgusting. Would not return here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to first apologize for having to move you to different rooms. We are aware that guests have smoked in our non-smoking rooms and are working toward getting those odors out. As for the "un-caring" staff, that is not the norm for us and I will be doing some re-training with the desk clerks. I wish you the best.
ft worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The location and overall comfort of the room made this stay very enjoyable...Far enough from the interstate traffic and close to some of the best restaurants in Amarillo. Easy walk to the gardens and the walkway around the lake.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to comment here on Trip Advisor. We do value your stay and your opinions. I am glad you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your visit again.

Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel before and had a good experience. This time, not so much. When we walked in, the first thing I noticed was that the box springs were visible and the sheets were put on sloppily. The mattress was hanging off the box spring. The next thing I notice when showering was that the tub did not drain properly so I was standing in 2 inches of water the entire time. There was a dark ring around the tub where the water sits so it isn't clean well on a consistent basis either. So I'm getting settled in because it's too late to switch rooms at this point. Slightly frustrated that I spent almost $100 on this room, I decided I'd watch a little tv before drifting off to sleep but I couldn't find the remote anywhere. Lights out, I'm going to bed. Smh. :-/

• Stayed August 2014
I apologize that you had issues during your stay with us this time. As you know, this is not the norm for us. I do hope you let the front desk know of the issues so that we could get those corrected and have the room ready and perfect for your next stay. Thank you so much for your comments, we value the input. Take good care, and please do come see us again, so we can give you that perfect service and enjoyable stay.

Best Wishes
Mcalister
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We have stayed here numerous times through the years because of medical situations. This hotel needs to be upgraded to Best Western standards. Our room had some things that needed repairs. The lighting is not very good over the sink and with the bedside lamps. It just needs some work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments and input. We are actually planning lots of upgrades once the busy season is ended. I hope you will come and see our improvements. Again, thank you so much. We hope you see you again soon.

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Visited here back in April, and decided to try it again last night since it was such a good deal before. When I arrived, I asked the clerk if I could have a room that did NOT open up to the parking lot, and he obliged. I stayed in 236 this time & it was actually a very nice room. 2nd floor rooms open into a hall, as opposed to 1st floor rooms that open to the parking lot. There is not an elevator to the 2nd floor, but that was no problem for me. The room itself was pretty darn clean, carpet looked new as well, and I did not notice my socks getting dirty as I do in other older hotels. There was no smell at all in the room, so that was definitely nice. Sure, the hall was a little dank, but it was a little rainy & humid outside, so that's understandable. Last time I mentioned that the bed linens & towels were tired & worn. Not so this time. Both seemed brand new, and were very soft. I have read some complaints about noise here, but again didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for a motel. I was a little surprised that housekeeping was still cleaning when I got back from dinner after 8:00 p.m., and they ran the vacuum cleaner in the hall close to 9, with music playing on the cart in the hall as they cleaned...didn't bother me, but could see where some might be sensitive to the sound.

The mattress in this room was not brand new, but was comfortable to me (bearing in mind, as always, that rating a hotel based on the comfort of the bed is a little dodgy, since everyone is different). I do wish they would have had a mattress cover that encased the mattress & spring...it's always a little disconcerting to me when all there is on the mattress is a thin mattress cover & sheet (as I mentioned in my last review, I'm a little intense about checking for unwanted guests in hotel mattresses!). Breakfast was basic budget hotel fare - Texas shaped waffles, carbs carbs carbs, etc. I was pleased with the taste of the coffee, and also that the eggs are actual eggs and not powdered. Biscuits were fresh too. Still wish they'd provide a vanilla yogurt instead of the usual fruit-in-the-bottom kind (I hate fruit in my yogurt, but that's not their fault). Checkout was easy-peasy and the morning clerk was very pleasant.

My only complaints (and the reasons they didn't get an excellent rating this time) are: (1) the free wifi did not reach room 236, so that was a bummer, and (2) the clerk who checked me in was not very enthusiastic about being there...although he obliged my request for the 2nd floor room (which I really appreciated), his responses were mostly monosyllabic mumbles that I had a little trouble understanding. He barely even looked at me while checking me in, and I felt like I was inconveniencing him. I'm the first to admit that I've had bad days at work myself, but luckily I don't work in customer service & my business is not harmed if I'm a little surly...however, when you work the front desk of a motel that has people writing reviews in a public forum, a simple smile and "Welcome to Best Western, enjoy your stay" goes a very long way... Hope the guy has a better day today.

Aside from that, I can say I will definitely return to Best Western Medical Center Inn...it is a very good value for a business traveler like me.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room if you don't want your door opening out onto the parking lot. Room 236...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write this review. We appreciate and value your input and opinions. I remember when I worked the audit shift every night and it does sometimes get mundane, but I will speak to my clerk and have him "perk up" and little and give you the customer service you deserve. Thanks for understanding.

We are trying to make some upgrades and get some things "spruced up". Once the fall season gets here and we slow down some, that can happen again.

Again, thanks so much - I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes

Been to BEST WESTERN Medical Center Inn? Share your experiences!