This was a convenient place just off I-40 to use for a quick night's sleep on a cross-country drive. Locations was good, staff was friendly and efficient and bed was clean and comfortable. Free Wifi worked well. Several negatives, however, led to only average rating. We wound up in a handicap-friendly room (being near the medical center, I suspect they had a lot of these) even though we didn't need or ask for it. The bathroom did not seem really clean nor up to date. Several cracked tiles were observed on the floor. The pitch of the floor was not really good enough to make the shower drain correctly. After a short shower the floor was dangerously wet over to the toilet - remember in handicapped room there was no lip. Also the bathroom and vanity/sink area had the worst lighting I have ever seen in a hotel. They must be using extremely low wattage eco-friendly bulbs (all bulbs were lit) that made it look like a dimly lit warehouse. It was like shaving in the dark. Totally unacceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the friendliest service in Amarillo! We are conveniently located 1/2 mile North of Interstate 40 and in the Heart of the Harrington Regional Medical District. We offer a full range of amenities from our Indoor pool/hot tub, HOT breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn West Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Medical Hotel Amarillo
- Best Western Amarillo Hotel
- Amarillo Best Western