“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Medical Center Inn

You added Medical Center Inn to your Saves list
Medical Center Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 S Coulter Street, Amarillo, TX 79106-1771 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
DFW
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The rooms were clean, the hotel was full so there was some noise with kids but that is normal. The breakfast is one of the best I have had in the below a $150.00 a night hotel. The eggs were real and fresh and they always had two people keeping the area stocked and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMCI_GM, Manager at Medical Center Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear JoeSpry,

We appreciate the positive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We try to keep everything fresh and stocked for your convenience. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I never stay in motels, especially when traveling alone, so I was not excited when I booked this room through one of those websites that leave you blind as to what you are getting until after you pay. It was a great deal though, and I'm glad I gave it a try b/c it turned out really well. To be clear - this hotel has old bones, and it shows. But they have done some updates to make it look better, and I found it to be more comfortable (both in terms of accommodations and personal safety) than the Magnuson Grand Hotel where I had stayed another time at about double the price I paid for this room. Some of those updates in my particular room (117) include newer vanity counter-tops & carpet & tile in the bathroom, what looked like new mattresses (I am a little intense about checking hotel beds for uninvited guests under the bedding, if you know what I mean), decent bedding, though not fabulous...as others have said, could be softer, and a more substantial blanket would be nice (personally it doesn't bother me that they didn't have a comforter...I think hotel comforters are gross). I like firm/supportive beds, so this was a good fit for me. Anyone who wants a softer bed might not be happy here. Plenty of pillows of different type to choose from. I slept really well, despite some parking lot noise (I bring a white noise machine when I travel, though, so I barely noticed). My room had a fridge & small microwave, and another thing I noticed is that the room did not have a smell (ever notice how most motel rooms smell dusty/musty/vaguely smokey?), and that was a very pleasant surprise. Breakfast was typical & sufficient hot/continental fare (eggs, biscuits, sausage, waffles, danishes, cereal, coffee, juice, various breads). If I was trying to think of something to complain about, here's what it would be: 1. water pressure in shower was not what I would like, but I've experienced much worse. 2. Fridge in my room froze my water (big deal, so I'll pay attention next time and adjust the temp...). 3. plug at the nightstand was loose so my phone charger had to be propped up with a plastic fork. 4. The TV reception was fuzzy on some channels. 5. I don't like yogurt with fruit in it, so it would have been nice to have a vanilla option at breakfast. In my opinion, those are fairly petty things to get upset about, especially when the room is as cheap/clean as this one. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Medical Center Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
AndilooTX,

Thank you for such a thorough review, as we are always trying to improve. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and will take your recommendations into account. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE . . . Easy highway access -- easy check-in -- easy check-out -- CLEAN room -- QUIET -- a good bang-for-your-buck! Plus, if you enjoy Mexican food, "Joe Taco" is in walking distance (a delightful surprise!). The restaurant was recommended by a staff member and was extremely handy after a long, long day of driving! I'll return when I pass thru again in July !!!!

Christine R,

We're glad that your stay was exceptional! We look forward to your return in July!
Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has certainly seen better days. The door to my room (219) wouldn't open on its own because it gets caught on carpet. The toilet did not initially flush; I fixed it. The tile in the bathroom is loose, and grinds on the rest of the tile while walking; you can feel it shift. The light switches work sometimes. The breakfast contained past-due yogurt and foul apple juice.

The only compliment I have is the room was clean.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Adam B,

First, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We will look into the issues stated above and get them promptly fixed. We do hope you consider giving us another chance on your next visit.
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came to Amarillo for a wedding and needed a clean, convenient and economical place to stay and the Best Western Medical Center fit the bill. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, the hotel was clean and the room spacious. The hotel is located by the intersection of I-40 and I-40 business on the western end of town and was a perfect centralized location for all we had to do for the time we spent in Amarillo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMCI_GM, Manager at Medical Center Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Paul B,

We're glad you had an exceptional stay and that everything was conveniently located for you, we do look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Amarillo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful! Room was great. Very clean and comfortable. I would recommend. You can pay more and get a whole lot less in Amarillo! The staff is eager to help and seeks to be of assistance. I was upgraded for free and the decor in the suite was new and really nice.

Dear Cindy G,

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for excellence and do look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The bed was so comfortable and the room very spacious. We found the two desk clerks to be very nice and helpful. The only negative that we found that the pool seemed not to be clean and the water was slimy. The hot tub could have worked better and the first step into the tub was very deep and would be dangerous with anyone with bad knees.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear marilyn f,

Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to improve. We appreciate the concern about the hot tub and will definitely look for a solution. We're glad the rest of the stay was exceptional and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Been to Medical Center Inn? Share your experiences!