When I first called to book a night at this hotel I explained that we had someone in the hospital and that I didn't know when my husband and I would be checking out and they said as long as we let them know by noon than we would have that room still. Got there checked in, paid with cash as discussed with the receptionist. The next day I went in to pay for another night and she said we had already paid. I told her we had not paid. She said she would get it figured out and to come back in the morning. So we went to the hospital and didn't worry about it for right then. Got in about 8 pm and went to bed. Got a wake up call at 11 pm saying she figured out the problem and if we could pay right then. I was very upset at her waking us up at 11 pm. For being an honest person I got be woken up at 11 pm after an exhausting day at the hospital. Fun! We left on a Sunday (did not stay that extra night we told them we might have too) and I checked my bank statement the next night and they had charged me for Sunday night. I called them and they said that the maids reports showed that we had stuff in the room still so they wrote us down as still there even though our cards were there on the desk. I could not seem to get anywhere so I sent my husband cause he was back there seeing his dad in the hospital and same thing. They gave him the run around so he told them that he was on his way to the police station to report fraudulent charges and when he was on his way to the police station the hotel called him and said they would refund the money. The was yesterday and I have yet to see the money in my account. This might be a long fight.... Also- we took a dip in the pool and there seemed to be bleach instead of chlorine in the pool because it burned our eyes excessively and it bleached my husbands shorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated with New Management! Upgraded property from top to bottom, come experience the friendliest service in Amarillo! We are conveniently located 1/2 mile North of Interstate 40 and in the Heart of the Harrington Regional Medical District. We offer a full range of amenities from our Indoor pool/hot tub, fitness center, HOT breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Medical Center Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Medical Hotel Amarillo
- Best Western Amarillo Hotel
- Amarillo Best Western