“A good one night kind of place” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Las Vegas, United States
“A good one night kind of place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Clean, nice stop over hotel. Front desk seemed understaffed. Has a unique shuttle to the Big Texan if you are in to that. Made the experience! Breakfast was good, fresh and had many options. Easy on and off the highway. Then hit the road again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Barbara,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay & the Big Texan limo service! We will take your advice and try to advertise that more! I will take into consideration what you said about low staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. On behalf of the entire Best Western Santa Fe Staff I appreciate your business and hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Andria Keelin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Havelock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The staff was very helpful. The room was comfortable and freshly painted. The only short coming was the breakfast, the eggs were cold. Otherwise service was good. The staff arranged for a free taxi service to a local steak house.

Room Tip: Has an outdoor pool, but did not use.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Andria K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
RT World,

I am pleased to hear that you were greeted by friendly staff! On behalf of our entire staff, we value your feedback and will use it to make improvements in the future. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast so I appreciate your comments. We do hope that you stay with us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The building was well below the usually high standards that cause me to prefer Best Western. 1. The outside curtain in this 1st floor room did not close completely, allowing a view into the room from the outside. Fortunately a previous occupant had left a large paper clip which I was able to use to hold the curtain halves together sufficiently to provide acceptable privacy 2. The room had a musty smell which the deodorant they had sprayed failed to completely mask. 3. The carpet was worn, with several holes in it in room 128. 4. The room access card required several swipes each time to open the outside door and the room door.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Randolph,

I do value your feeback and appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are currently remodeling. The new carpet, curtains and furniture will all be installed within the next two weeks! I do hope you give us a chance again after our remodel is complete!

Abiquiu, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were traveling through with our 5th wheel. There was adequate parking to accommodate us, which was our primary concern. They accepted pets, our secondary concern! From there, the staff was very friendly and courteous, the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast offered was better than most. Overall, an excellent experience!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Teresa,

I'm so happy that we could accommodate all of your needs! Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and taking the moment to share your experience! If I can assist you in making a future reservation please call me directly at 806-372-1885. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

corona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you are going to stay in Amarillo Texas I would recommend this Hotel, my son and I stayed here on our way back from a road trip to Linn Kansas from southern California, the hotel was clean, quiet and we had a good nights sleep, I don't know if the manager or owners read these reviews but the young lady at the front desk who's name is Amber is a definite asset to your organization, she was more than helpful with our requests and making sure our stay here was the best it could be, we were asking about places to eat a good dinner that a local resident would go to and not a tourist trap and she recommended the Coyote Bluff Cafe, a little hole in the wall place with the best hamburgers, the best I can remember ever eating, if I ever travel thru this place again I will definitely stay here again, I hope the owner and or manager reads this review, you have an excellent asset to your establishment with Amber, hopefully see you soon on another road trip, thanks again, Jeff from Corona California,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Jeff,

I was very pleased to read your positive review! I am very glad that Amber took such great care of you! We have a great staff and I am proud of all of them! I hope that you will stay with us again soon so we can wow you once again!! Should you need any assistance in making a future reservation please call us directly. Hope to see you again soon.

Burleson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here, towards the last of June, when returning from a Colorado atv trip. Upon hearing of our nightmare stay at BW in Walsenburg Co, the clerk gave us a discount. How nice to actually find someone who believes in customer service.
We were given a remodeled room that overlooked the back parking lot, where we had parked our pickup and trailer, so that we could keep an eye on our rig. My wife got up late in the night and saw an employee walking the parking lot shining a flash light around, presumably working as security. Very cool BW Santa Fe, we appreciate that. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think some of the rooms here use to be designated as smoking rooms and still smell like it a litle...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon,

I was so happy to read that you had a positive experience. We pride ourselves in our customer service and I'm very pleased to hear that Brusly went above and beyond for you. I would love to assist in your future reservation. Please call me directly at 806-372-1885. Thank you and safe travels!

Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Location is great -- located just east of downtown Amarillo on Interstate 40. Close to many restaurants, shopping, etc. The service was good, friendly front desk, and quick check out and check in...! Our bed was comfortable, internet worked, and bathroom was clean. The property could use some maintenance (fountain in front didn't work) and carpet in the hallway could use a good cleaning, but that's all cosmetic. We slept through breakfast so don't know about the food...This is a good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Nancy,

I am very pleased to hear that we provided great service to you. If you are looking to book again in the future we will be happy to assist you in your reservation! Please give us a call directly for any further assistance. Thank you so much for taking the time to share about stay.