“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Randlett, Oklahoma
“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is currently remodeling, so there was a bit of a mess in the halls, due to people painting. The rooms were nice, beds comfortable, the room had a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge. Overall stay was great, will stay at this hotel again. There was also a pool, unfortunately it was raining so we weren't able to use the pool this time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Janie,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being understanding of the remodeling in the hall. Our remodel will be complete in September and I hope that you stay with us again! Happy travels!

Andria Keelin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Summit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A friend and I spent several days driving and sightseeing through the Southwest. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The décor was outstanding and certainly was not cookie cutter. I have stayed at many Best Western hotels over the years, as I am a rewards member. The experiences ranged from mediocre to excellent. This hotel was above excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Alydia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay! I'm very pleased to hear that we provided excellent customer service during your vacation. If you need to book another hotel reservation please give us a call and our friendly front desk staff will be happy to accommodate you. Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand.

silver spring, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel maybe 3 years ago , I don't think they had changed anything till now . New TV's and beds don't make you a 5 star hotel , that's just part of updates .Whoever the contractor is should know to change the carpet before replacing the bed and furniture , the carpet was filthy and had holes where they had tried to patch it . The lobby now has a " Water Wall " and a leather S shaped sofa , big deal !! All of the top hotel chains now have , flat screen TV's , Hi speed internet , pillow top beds ( if you could call it that ) and a free breakfast . You can't charge $139 a night till you finish the job , and that's $50 over priced for that town and hotel . Amarillo has nothing to offer other than " The Big Texan Steak House " , they have great onsite brewed beer now . This is just a crossroad in the top of Texas , nothing more . I've stayed at much better places for less and gotten more value . There are plenty of other hotels in town to stay at !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kevin M,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves in our great customer service and accommodations for the guest so I will be sure to make sure this issue is addressed. I do hope you try us again after the remodel is complete. If you have any further questions or complaints please feel free to give me a call.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just staying on return trip. It would be nice if beds could be a little bigger in size and give a little room not so close to a wall for one individual to get out. Guess they do raise the rates when renovating to make up for the cost. Pass it on to the consumer. It was a little more than I paid in some other for a senior rate. Overall breakfast was very good. Some of the warmers didn't keep the food real hot that you would need a microwave to warm it up. It would have been better to have one of the regular waffle makers.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the stay. The waffle maker is actually the next thing on our renovation list. I truly hope you come back in a few months to stay with us after our renovation is complete. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please give me a call!

Manager
Aledo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The room clean, they keep it clean..but the smell makes it feel dirty!The room is old and well used! Everything you touch, has a coating on it! Dog urine,it horrible!
Along with the bed, I'd be better sleeping on the floor. Waking up with a sore back, is going to make it a long day!!

Room Tip: Check the room before you stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking a moment to send us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the discomforts you experienced during your stay. We are in the middle of a huge remodel and I'm very sorry the smell was not appeasing.

Hopefully you will give us a try again after our remodel is complete. If there is anything I can further assist you with please feel free to give me a call.

Genneteil, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I live in rural France, where there is often absolute silence from a human perspective.
This hotel is on a busy road which is to be expected for a ' motel' but I don't expect noise from inside the bedroom.
The aircon was turned off, so it wasn't that.
The fridge was rattling away so that was turned off.
There was an unexplained noise which seemed to come from inside the bathroom- may have been aircon units in the ducting or something.

That said, pleasant lobby area, a good night's sleep having blocked out the noise. Room was clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but ask for one away from the road. Also, ground floor if you can'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Kangalis,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. I am glad to hear that you like what we have done with the lobby and that overall you had a good, clean and comfortable experience.

We hope you give another chance, after the remodel is complete the noise level will be back down! Hope to see you again soon!

(Manager)
Golden, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wait a year or two to stay here. This hotel is old and under renovations. Room was in disrepair, smelled bad, and had sticky carpets. Staff promised points to make up for this but did not give them to us or any compensation. Said it was a non-smoking room but it was not. Overall YUCK.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Randy H
We are undergoing an extensive remodel and it should be done soon. We do apologize if you have not received your extra points and I will personally look into it to make sure they have been given. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Been to BEST WESTERN Santa Fe? Share your experiences!