“Smells like urine!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Aledo, Texas
“Smells like urine!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The room clean, they keep it clean..but the smell makes it feel dirty!The room is old and well used! Everything you touch, has a coating on it! Dog urine,it horrible!
Along with the bed, I'd be better sleeping on the floor. Waking up with a sore back, is going to make it a long day!!

Room Tip: Check the room before you stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking a moment to send us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the discomforts you experienced during your stay. We are in the middle of a huge remodel and I'm very sorry the smell was not appeasing.

Hopefully you will give us a try again after our remodel is complete. If there is anything I can further assist you with please feel free to give me a call.

Andria Keelin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Genneteil, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I live in rural France, where there is often absolute silence from a human perspective.
This hotel is on a busy road which is to be expected for a ' motel' but I don't expect noise from inside the bedroom.
The aircon was turned off, so it wasn't that.
The fridge was rattling away so that was turned off.
There was an unexplained noise which seemed to come from inside the bathroom- may have been aircon units in the ducting or something.

That said, pleasant lobby area, a good night's sleep having blocked out the noise. Room was clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but ask for one away from the road. Also, ground floor if you can'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Kangalis,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. I am glad to hear that you like what we have done with the lobby and that overall you had a good, clean and comfortable experience.

We hope you give another chance, after the remodel is complete the noise level will be back down! Hope to see you again soon!

Andria Keelin
(Manager)
Golden, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wait a year or two to stay here. This hotel is old and under renovations. Room was in disrepair, smelled bad, and had sticky carpets. Staff promised points to make up for this but did not give them to us or any compensation. Said it was a non-smoking room but it was not. Overall YUCK.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Randy H
We are undergoing an extensive remodel and it should be done soon. We do apologize if you have not received your extra points and I will personally look into it to make sure they have been given. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Costa Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I love the staff at this motel. They go out of their way to be helpful. I drove in just ahead of a tornado and they were extremely comforting, professional and totally relieved my anxiety. Fortunately the tornado did not touch down as predicted and moved on to Houston but it was a total relief to know this would be a tornado safe motel. I was fully informed about tornado procedure and very grateful to the caring staff

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Cynthia L
Hello! Thank you for such a sweet review! We are glad you got to our hotel safely and even happier you felt safe being here with us. We strive to go out of our way to make each guest feel safe and welcome when they stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Anacortes, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel has been remodeled and provides a very pleasant impression at arrival. The thing that made the stay memorable was the manager, Kristina Morgan. The normal shuttle driver was on vacation the week I stayed at the BW Santa Fe, and Kristina came in early on the day of my departure to take me to the airport in time to catch my flight. Thank you Kristina for going the extra mile for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gregory S
Thank you so very much for such a kind review! I am glad to hear you like our remodeling. It was my pleasure taking you to the airport. We do hope you return again soon. Until then take care!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The room is old, carpet ripped. Carpet dirty, bed hard and a desk chair older than my grandmother. Wouldn't let my dog stay here! Smoke filled hallway stench! Desk clerk friendly, but doesn't make up for the awful furniture, dirty ripped carpet, tiny shower and toilet area.

Room Tip: If you want easy on and off I-40 in Amarillo, and don't care about clean or comfort, then stay h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Rinda H
I am so sorry to hear how you felt about your stay with us. I do want you to know we are in the middle of a remodel and we have new carpet and furniture coming in to all our guest rooms along with new lighting, tile in the bathrooms, and much much more. Please give us another chance to WOW you after our remodel is complete! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The reservation (made in mid-April) was for a ground floor handicap room with twin queen beds for 3 persons. When we checked in they only had second floor accommodation (No Elevator) available that met the reservation request. The hotel clerk (Diane) blamed the Best Western Internet Reservation system and myself for the mess up. After several forceful discussions, the hotel provided a smelly smoking room and another nonsmoking room on the ground floor as a solution. The reservation was for two nights while we toured the sights of Amarillo. When I returned to Dallas, I discovered that the hotel had placed an unauthorized charge for the second room for Saturday night. I have refused to accept this charge with American Express. The memory of the 2 day touring visit of Amarillo has been ruined by the continuing dispute with this hotel.

Room Tip: Not recommended as a hotel to stay when in Amarillo. There are lots of other options
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Dallas3100
I am truly sorry you did not have a good experience with us on your recent stay. We do have handicap rooms on the ground floor and those rooms only have a single bed. When you made your reservation online you booked two queen beds and requested a handicap room. We did see this note however by the time you booked we did not have any rooms left on the ground floor for that night that had two queen beds. We did try our best to accommodate you for the night by giving you the one room free. We had openings on the second night for two queen beds and had planned to move you however our weekend clerk never heard back from you before housekeeping left. So we were unable to get you moved. We do apologize that we had to charge you for the second night in the second room because we were unable to get you moved. We hope that you can accept this apology. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call. I would be happy to speak with you!
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Been to BEST WESTERN Santa Fe? Share your experiences!