“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Anacortes, United States
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel has been remodeled and provides a very pleasant impression at arrival. The thing that made the stay memorable was the manager, Kristina Morgan. The normal shuttle driver was on vacation the week I stayed at the BW Santa Fe, and Kristina came in early on the day of my departure to take me to the airport in time to catch my flight. Thank you Kristina for going the extra mile for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Gregory S
Thank you so very much for such a kind review! I am glad to hear you like our remodeling. It was my pleasure taking you to the airport. We do hope you return again soon. Until then take care!
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The room is old, carpet ripped. Carpet dirty, bed hard and a desk chair older than my grandmother. Wouldn't let my dog stay here! Smoke filled hallway stench! Desk clerk friendly, but doesn't make up for the awful furniture, dirty ripped carpet, tiny shower and toilet area.

Room Tip: If you want easy on and off I-40 in Amarillo, and don't care about clean or comfort, then stay h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Rinda H
I am so sorry to hear how you felt about your stay with us. I do want you to know we are in the middle of a remodel and we have new carpet and furniture coming in to all our guest rooms along with new lighting, tile in the bathrooms, and much much more. Please give us another chance to WOW you after our remodel is complete! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The reservation (made in mid-April) was for a ground floor handicap room with twin queen beds for 3 persons. When we checked in they only had second floor accommodation (No Elevator) available that met the reservation request. The hotel clerk (Diane) blamed the Best Western Internet Reservation system and myself for the mess up. After several forceful discussions, the hotel provided a smelly smoking room and another nonsmoking room on the ground floor as a solution. The reservation was for two nights while we toured the sights of Amarillo. When I returned to Dallas, I discovered that the hotel had placed an unauthorized charge for the second room for Saturday night. I have refused to accept this charge with American Express. The memory of the 2 day touring visit of Amarillo has been ruined by the continuing dispute with this hotel.

Room Tip: Not recommended as a hotel to stay when in Amarillo. There are lots of other options
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Dallas3100
I am truly sorry you did not have a good experience with us on your recent stay. We do have handicap rooms on the ground floor and those rooms only have a single bed. When you made your reservation online you booked two queen beds and requested a handicap room. We did see this note however by the time you booked we did not have any rooms left on the ground floor for that night that had two queen beds. We did try our best to accommodate you for the night by giving you the one room free. We had openings on the second night for two queen beds and had planned to move you however our weekend clerk never heard back from you before housekeeping left. So we were unable to get you moved. We do apologize that we had to charge you for the second night in the second room because we were unable to get you moved. We hope that you can accept this apology. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call. I would be happy to speak with you!
tennessee colony, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

was pleased with overall experiance. Helpful and friendly staff. Easy access and parking. Bed could have been a little more comfortable and a blanket available without asking for it would have been a nice touch. Over all was pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear ArthurNormanH,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am sorry there was not a blanket available in your room. I will make sure that this does not happen again in the future. We strive here at the Best Western Santa Fe Inn to treat every guest every time like family. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then have a great time!
redding, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

we had booked at a different hotel, but upon arrival chose not to stay there. Having 2 dogs, we were so happy BW was able to secure a room for us. This property is undergoing a upgrade, and is looking good. Hard work and pride showing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear RobertH,
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are undergoing a remodel and we are very proud of our work. Thanks for noticing! We do hope you come back to see out finished product. Until then, "Happy Travels!"
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This Best Western has great eastbound I-40 access & very comfortable rooms. The beds have nice fluffy pillows and shower had good water pressure. It has really comfortable beds and a very attentive staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear L24220Brobertd,
Thank you for the kind review! I am so glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We do hope you come and see us again next time your in Amarillo!
Williams, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is right off the freeway and I arrived as as a walk-in guest around 9pm or so. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and got me checked in quickly. I was in a non-smoking room (which thankfully didn't smell like smoke or fake cover-up scents) which was in a hallway next to a smoking hallway. The smoke was pretty much contained to the smoking section. The room was clean, with two queen beds. The beds were a tad hard for my taste, but otherwise nice. The curtains had some holes which looked like burn marks. The bathroom was large and had a WONDERFUL shower head. I'm not sure if all the rooms have as little soundproofing as mine did, or if it was due to the connecting door, but I could hear every word from the TV next door. Thankfully, they turned it down about 10:30pm. In the morning, I went down to the free breakfast and was severely disappointed. The only thing I ate was the pancakes (which I'm pretty sure were the prepackaged/frozen kind) and the apple juice. The meat looked like roadkill - greasy and simply unappetizing. There was gravy but no biscuits, Eggs and some strange potatoes were the rest of the hot items. Everything else was your standard prepackaged cold items.

Customer Service: 5 stars
Room: 3.5
Breakfast: 2
Location: 3

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't connect - will be quieter!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kristina M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear RangerKristin,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you liked about your stay and what you think we should work on. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations when it came to breakfast. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Been to BEST WESTERN Santa Fe? Share your experiences!