“OMG A riot in the lobby!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“OMG A riot in the lobby!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay at this place was the most disgusting and revolting experience I've yet to endure in hotel stays. First off, the check in was agonizingly long because the computer had malfunctioned and people's reservations weren't even in the system. Nothing like standing around for 45 minutes to get a room after you've been driving for 12 hours. I then dragged my spinner to the room which..and I wish I was joking here...had been a party room that hadn't been cleaned yet. There were stacks of empty beer cans in their cases, the stench of smoke, dirty sheets (I couldn't tell you where the bedspreads went) and O'Henry bars floating in the toilet. So, I turned around and dragged my spinner back to the office where I discovered a mini mob of outraged guests who had no working heat in their rooms. I stood around for another 30-45 minutes and listened to people holler about the heat and finally was re-roomed. The heat barely worked but I couldn't face another trip down to the office. My "clean" room reeked of ciggy smoke and was bare bones. Not one nice touch to this place at all. I really feel it is fair to say if there is one place to avoid in Amarillo, this is THAT place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Eagle Nest, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed here several times,have always enjoyed our stay. So has other we have told to stay their. The breakfast is good and fresh. The motel is close to any shopping that you might want to do. Restaurants close by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Salida, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed over for a night on our drive home. We had a King bed and couch and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel overall. Clean room, nice shower, easy check in. Perfect and at a good price for a quick one night stay. We felt safe and slept well. The breakfast was pretty good as well, with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and cereal and breads like many other hotel breakfasts. We had a nice experience overall and will plan on staying again if we are in Amarillo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah P
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is not new but it was a great value. We definitely would stay here again. Our room had a king-size bed (very comfortable) and a sofa sleeper (which we did not use). A very nice feature was the current day's Wall Street Journal free in the lobby! Breakfast was fine and ample for us. Our room was very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back near the courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cybermama
Lula,Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Property is "aged" but very clean. Easy to get to, good location, restaurants close by. Big Texan just 1/2 mile. Rooms were clean, above average size, fridge, and microwave. Breakfast very good. Staff was great! Price is right. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bdc61
Hayesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is older but very clean. Rooms are spacious and beds are good.The pool is clean and well maintained. I like hotels like this with outside access. Easy to get things in and out from car.The lobby has an office center and breakfast. I have CLC. lodgeing,so the room was right at 50.00. Great deal for a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Iris M
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Iris,

Thank you for the kind words, we think it's pretty comfortable too! I will pass your kind words on to the staff in our next meeting!
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is very old but clean. AC did not work so room was very stuffy. Room was clean but had the feeling of not quite finished. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jane Lee V
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I am sorry to hear you had a less than perfect stay! I will, however, pass on your kind words to our staff and breakfast attendant!