This Drury is a midscale hotel with some floors. It’s children- and petfriendly, located at the western end of town, right beside I-40. You can park all around the hotel, in the back you will have shadow in the afternoon heat. Various restaurants like a steak house, Furrs and some shops on this side of the Interstate can easily be reached by walking. On the opposite side of the Interstate is Amarillos Shopping Mall.
The lobby is hugh and separated into more intimate spaces with bright wooden furniture. Check in at front desk was quick, the elevators are located close by. In the back of the building you will find fitness room and small indoor pool with jacuzzi. Towels provided.
One part of the lobby is a small business booth with 2 computers. Another part of the lobby is for dining with lots of tables and chairs. Every evening between 5:30 and 7 there is a “kick-back”, they provide hot food as fried chicken, meatballs, hot dogs, fresh salad and vegetables with dip and more. All beverages including alcoholic ones are free during this time. Expect the place to be booked on Saturday, so you will find many guests in the lobby eating and chatting.
Breakfast was good, providing waffles, french toast, eggs and ham, cereals, fruit and more. Carpets in dining section are not very clean, as there are many children staying at this hotel and they get free popcorn.
We’d decided to book a room with veranda. Most of those rooms are facing the northern side of the hotel, which is quiet as away from the Interstate and there is more shadow. Though it was not really worth the money – as they even do not have 1 chair you can put on that veranda. You might carry out the heavy desk chair, but what for your room mate?
Amarillo is a very windy place as well and so I would not opt for the veranda if I were you (rooms with more cost).
Room though was spacious and we spent 3 nights here. We got a 2 queen room that was furnished with desk and chair, sofachair, cupboard with TV and built-in fridge and microwave, 3 lamps, nightstand. Internet is wireless and you get an extra cable. It’s very comfortable to have the desk for working on the computer! Beds were very comfortable, enough pillows provided.
The small entrance hall of the room with door leading to bathroom and a built-in wardrobe with ironing equipment ist tiled, the rest of the room has carpets.
The bathroom seemed newly tiled, was spacious and clean, with tub, sink and toilet, curved curtain and soap and shampoo (no bodymilk).
It is a comfortable spacious place, roomrates start around 90. I would recommend though there are some cons.
One of the cons is: before booking Drury Inn Amarillo think about pets. If you do not want to share your hotel with dogs, stay away. Many people are accompanied by their dogs that you might meet in every public space of the hotel.
We were unlucky one late evening – as for nearly 1 hour a dog was barking in one of the adjacent rooms, the keepers had gone out and left the animal unwatched. In this hour you had no chance to go to sleep. You might hear the one or other dog bark at any time anyway. This was the part of the stay that disappointed me though I love animals.
The rooms with veranda are close to the elevators and you will have more noise from people going by than if you take a room at the end of the corridors. Vending and icemachines are right beside the elevators as well.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation, if management would decide to use separate floors for people with and without dogs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located minutes from the Palo Duro Canyon State Park and Cadillac Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC and Hotels.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Amarillo
- Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo Hotel Amarillo
- Drury Inn Amarillo
- Drury Inn Hotel Amarillo
- Drury Amarillo