“Consistently excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
dallas, tx
“Consistently excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I have reviewed this hotel more than a year ago, in glowing terms. We're back today and I'm STILL impressed, this time with customer service. On the drive here I had tried to make a reservation online using my phone, found a room we liked and tried to book it but was unable to finalize because the site wouldn't accept the credit card#. It would highlight the box but you couldn't put in numbers. Finally called the 1-800 number, but by then that class of room was sold out. Agent put us in a better room, for $30 more. After hanging up i realized there might still be the cheaper room we wanted if I closed out my phone screen, so I called back. Lo and behold, the original room was now available, but the agent said she couldn't give us the "web only" rate even tho the web reservation wasn't working properly. I asked to speak to cust svc, where I started to express my feelings about THAT policy when my phone lost the call. So frustrating, but hey, it happens. But when we get to the hotel, we are given the suite at the smaller room rate. Check-in guy said cust svc put a note on the acct to do that, even tho I lost the call in mid-rant. Now THAT'S customer service. Another reason why I love this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Parker, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I got here after a 10 hour drive from Louisiana on a road trip and were tired and ready to go to the room. We got to the hotel at 9:00 at night and were given a room with a broken toilet. At that point we were already tired and hungry and so we called the front desk and they told us that someone would be up in a bit, but we wanted to go and eat and not wait til late at night for a maintenance person so we requested a new room. They denied us this and said they would send up a maintenance person, but they sent up a baffoon who walked into the room and looked at the toilet and then looked at my mother with the most confused look. My mother asked are you a maintenance person and she said no and so my mother asked her why she was in our room than if she wasn't going to fix the toilet or do anything!

The person than left the room and told the manager that we cursed at her and every other word out of my mother's mouth was the f-word, which was false, but the manager got angry at us and said we are not allowed to do that. So at this point we are already pissed and than they told us there were no maintenece people left in the building so they had to give us a new room anyway. So there was a man who came up and delivered us our key and didn't say two words to us and quickly ran down the hall.

Then we finally got to the room that had a functioning toilet and we dropped our stuff off and went to go get food and because of all of this we couldn't eat at the resturant next door, becuase we wasted an hour of our time with the ignorant and careless staff.

And than on top of this the room is average not quite what I expected. SO PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO TO A GOOD HOTEL AND NOT THIS PLACE WITH THE SLIMY AND RUDE STAFF!!!

Room Tip: Dont' stay here and get a room with a working toilet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Regional Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the issue with the toilet in your room and our staff. We strive for perfect rooms both in cleanliness and working order of equipment so guests have an outstanding stay with us. Unfortunately, mechanical items do break down from time to time, and often at the most inconvenient opportunities. In speaking with my team, I understand it was late and after the normal maintenance hours, and we offered to change rooms for your family when our front desk clerk came to look at the toilet. I am glad we could get you moved quickly and know that at 9 p.m. you were probably tired from traveling, and as you mentioned, hungry.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for staying with us, and please feel free to contact our General Manager if you would like to discuss your stay further.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After driving 16 hours, I was just happy to find a place to stay for the night. The room felt a little dirty, but I have stayed in worse conditioned rooms. The breakfast looked nice. I just wanted a banana and yogurt. This location is pet friendly, and it seems family friendly. There were a lot of children running around the hotel. Easy access from I-40. We had planned to stay elsewhere, but this was at the corner of a traffic light and the rate fair. We decided to pull into the parking lot. If you are traveling on a budget with children and/or pets, then I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy you enjoyed your breakfast and that you feel our hotel is a great value! I sincerely apologize about the cleanliness issue you experienced and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your experience with the room. Please call me at your convenience.

Maggie Vaughan
806-351-1111
Rye, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This Drury felt tired from the lobby to the elevators. Floors wet from kids running from the pool was not a great first impression.
Complimentary breakfast was the worst we have experienced at a Drury. No bacon, milk had run out for the cereal, coffee was weak and all served on styrene crockery.
Front desk staff were pleasant and professional.
Beds comfortable but a/c noisy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, TX and for your compliments on our friendly staff. Summer is upon us and we do have many families using our pool. I am sorry the floors near the elevators appeared wet and I'll alert my staff to watch this even more closely. The Drury breakfast includes waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, cereals, fresh fruit, toast, donuts, eggs, breakfast potato's, and more. We are sorry you were looking for bacon and possibly someday that will be one of our choices. Currently our Drury Plaza hotels use china & glassware for breakfast, but all Drury Inn & Suite hotels do use the stryo plates. Thanks again for staying and for sharing feedback regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Maggie V.
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am a fan of Drury Hotels, but this one fell more than a little short. The people and service were wonderful, but the property isn't up to the standards of other Drury hotels we've visited. The hallway had a smell to it and it just didn't feel super clean. I realize Drury is pet friendly, but I think they really should consider setting aside some floors where pets are not allowed so guests don't have to experience dander & pet odor. The food service area just didn't feel as clean either.

The furnishings really need updating.......big oak furniture just isn't appealing. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I love to hear from our guests! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff and service. I apologize, though, that your stay did not meet your expectations. All of our Drury Hotels are pet friendly. We have a special cleaning process and procedure in place so that our rooms and dining area remains clean and well maintained, as we remain busy most of the time. Our goal is to provide a good value so all our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay.

Thank you again and I hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Maggie Vaughan
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Most of the hotels that permit pets these days are rather shabby; so, it was a pleasure to find a fresh new property with very nice rooms like the Drury Inn in Amarillo that accepts pets, and I might add at the lowest charge I've known. Everything in the room was in tiptop condition, and the large bath had excellent lighting. We were too late in our arrival for the free wine and snacks, but the breakfast was good. One small negative for our stay was that one of the two elevators was under repair, not a small inconvenience in a six story building with about 150 rooms. We will definitely stay again when in Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Even though I shy away from pet-friendly hotels, the hotel and rooms were clean and well-maintained. The free drinks, snacks and breakfast made the stay even more enjoyable and the staff did a great job to take care of us. The customer service during the meals and at the desk during check out/check were fabulous. Plus within walking distance are several good restaurants and within a mile are parks and mall.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the second floor and faced the interstate, I couldn't tell. Not much noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!