“Best $40 hotel ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Lewisville, North Carolina
“Best $40 hotel ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Traveling cross country we are always looking for a bargain on a hotel and I was leery booking a room that cost only $40. The place reminds me of Embassy Suites, just a little outdated. Large spacious clean rooms. Overall, great bargain hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Fifth season inn is a terrible place to stay we stayed their last week with our family and couldn't even step outside in da hall for fresh air because they had no ac also the lady that was handing out breakfast was so rude never again will we stay there!!!

Room Tip: Do not recomend this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Used Kayak for last min reservations for two rooms. Reviews look decent. Whoever owns this place spends a lot of money keeping it online reviews from being 1 star. They lure customers like me using its online reviews to make reservations with inaccurate and untrue positive reviews. Now the facts: Room overpriced, Hot and humid inside main lobby area due to A/C issues that never seem to get fixed. Woman behind counter allowed us to use a FREE box fan from lobby to help get to sleep since the A/C in our rooms did not work very well either. A/C unit did not work well and had that old “I have not been cleaned in years” musty smell in both our rooms. Rooms try to look updated but with outdated TV, no outlets for electronic devices. We had to unplug frig to charge phones. Rooms were NOT cleaned very well. The dark colors hid much of the stains and dirt but when I used Lysol to clean remote and tables, my paper towel was black. (Always take a can of Lysol when staying a hotel) Bathrooms looked clean until you looked closely, poor paint and must have gone with cheapest bid on “remodel”. Free breakfast is just that, overcooked eggs, greasy bacon, fake butter, water down orange juice, Kids loved it. Back of hotel looks they charge hourly rates. Do yourself a favor and stay at a major chain hotel like Fairfield etc…… Our two rooms were over$250 for one night. It was a long night. I would have loved it if I just came from a third world country and this was the first place a stayed. I would have given this place three stars if it was priced right, $39.95 per night, motel six better value. I am picky but expect to get what I pay for. You would think at least the A/C would work in middle of TX in July.
Almost forgot, one set of towel in room, hotel ran out of towel and told us house cleaning did not come in until 9:00am next day. Front desk gave us floor mats for towels; I used my washcloth to dry off with and shared our only towel. Pool area was great; thankfully they use lots and lots of chlorine. My kids smelled of chlorine for two days after. They were dark skinned, not no more,.

Room Tip: Stay a major chain hotel. there is one next door and it is nice, Stay on first floor, its cooler
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed before in the redone rooms for the same price as this trip. Decent. This trip we got put in an upstairs room. No air conditioning on anywhere except room. It is 95 degrees. Made using amenities impossible. Rowdy people down the hall--lots of young men. Sketchy. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Room was cool and clean. Plenty of hot water and towels. Linen and towels smelled of bleach (which I take as a good sign). Microwave and fridge also clean and well-functioning. Cannot rate breakfast as we did not partake. Pool area was dated but clean and safe.

Stayed June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We tried at least four other popular hotels first, but they were all full. As a last resort we stayed at the Fifth Season Inn & Suites. The lady at the front desk was very nice. I was told I was getting updated room with new furniture and that it was nice. Let's just say we did't want to change our clothes, we slept on top of our comforter. There were bugs in the bathroom. This room wad far from bring updated with new furniture. I will never stay at a Fifth Season ever again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orangevale, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here on a cross country trip from California to Florida. I honestly have no idea why all of the reviews are so terrible. I booked through hotels.com, because they had a deal going on where the rate of the hotel was normally 78, but was on sale for 45 or something around that price.

The man who checked us in was very friendly, more so than any other hotel I stayed at. The hotel itself is beautiful on the inside as well. I did have to take away a star, because when we arrived, there was a homeless man sitting between the sliding glass doors that serve as the entrance to the lobby, and I'm not sure it was in sight of the front desk. I didn't feel comfortable walking inside until he had left. Even then, he lingered outside the hotel and we were a little worried about the car. However, everything was fine in the morning so I suppose it wasn't really need for concern.

We were given the room that was the first on the right, practically in the lobby. I was afraid that it would be horrendously loud, since I am a light sleeper, but it was not. There were a few chatty women that night, but no one disturbed us throughout the night or the next morning.

The bathroom was remodeled and everything was clean. The room had a few stains on the carpet, but other than that was clean and functional as well. The main important thing here was that the rooms were dark and quiet. Because the rooms are indoors, you don't really hear the noise from the freeway. Since they also don't have enormous windows, there wasn't light shining through in the morning to wake me up, which I really enjoyed!

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. We had sausage, eggs, toast, and oatmeal. They also provided juice and milk as well.

The hotel is not brand new, and it isn't going to be luxurious. However, it is clean, conveniently located, quiet, and provides great service through the front desk and breakfast. Great place to stay for practical people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fifth Season Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!