“Eh...” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6801 West Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Ranked #53 of 66 hotels in Amarillo
“Eh...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good hotel with fantastic potential however..... Flat screen tube tv, stains on carpet/ceiling/tile/tub. There was a used razor cover in the shower. If it was updated it could be great. Decent location and the Big Texan will pick you up!!!

Stayed March 2014

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Arriving in Amarillo late, this was the first hotel I saw with an advertised price - $39.99 per night. When I registered the clerk mentioned that the $39 rooms were on a level with Super 8 and Motel 6 - I have never stayed in an 8 or 6 that was this bad!

The front of the hotel, and the majority of their rooms are, indeed, top notch, but the $39 rooms are disgusting. They are located in the back of the hotel, in what was probably the original hotel. From the moment I walked into the $39 section I was turned off by the odor, reminded me of a hotel where the rooms are rented by the hour. From there it didn't go up hill.

The bed, the main reason you stay in a hotel, was the worst I've ever experienced. You could see through the bed sheet, and feel the springs. I had to double check that I was on the mattress, and not the box springs. I like to relax in bed and either read or watch TV, I could do neither. There was no way to sit comfortably with the springs pushing up against me. Sleep took a couple sleeping pills.

The room was too cold (38 outside) so I turned the heater on , even on low it reminded me of a plane taking off. I got the room warm enough, then turned it off before I went to sleep.

As for the television, it reminded me of a set I had back in college - in the 60's! It had two colors - red and blue, and the picture was so snowy that it was tough to watch.

Breakfast was the only part of the stay that made me happy I paid $39, if I had been a regular guest I would have been angry. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, watery oatmeal, two small sausages. You had to have a ticket, and were only allowed one small serving, even if you didn't want one of the offerings. An elderly woman ahead of me asked if she could have additional toast instead of the oatmeal, she was told no. I mean, how expensive is toast? I had the orange juice, and it tasted like the powdery mix "used by astronauts", not real juice.

Would I recommend staying here? In the better rooms, maybe. In the $39 rooms? Not even to bin Laden.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Stayed at a America best inn last night in needles ca and it was a 5 star place compared to this. the water in the bathroom constantly dripped, the sheets looked like they where at least 30 years old, the lamps were all bent and mangled, the desk chair looked like it would not even hold my small duffle. Ask the drawers were falling out. The help was very polite, we actually couldn't even stay there When I waked back to the front desk and told the girls we couldn't stay there they laughed and promptly refuned me. I asked how often this happened they didn't say but apologized profusely. Whatever you do stay the heck away.

• Stayed March 2014
Midland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were given a room which was dirty, very poor lighting, broken furniture, filthy bathroom, lousy internet service, ...I sat in the chair at the desk and crashed to the floor. My back hurt me for weeks. We used a coupon in a travel book which gave a great description of the the room plus a "full breakfast"...not true.

Room Tip: The lady at the breakfast room was very nice. Did not use the spa and so am giving it an average.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable rooms along with pool, hot tub, and breakfast. Great internet and tv, and the rates are very affordable. The employees and management are excellent. Great location close to the Interstate, mall & many restaurants. Plenty of parking along with easy access.

• Stayed February 2014
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Have stayed here more than once when visiting amarillo. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are reasonably priced and love the hot, fresh breakfast. My family enjoys going swimming at the pool and hot tub. Lots of good restaurants near by.

Stayed February 2014
Far, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here Feb 14, 2014. We had been here once before years ago at an event hosted there, but had never stayed the night. I was glad to see they have done a good job at keeping the place updated and repaired.

The decor was nice and modern, it was very clean, and quiet. It has a large atrium where all the rooms enter from.

The general manager checked us in (forgot his name) and he was very friendly and professional. We stayed in a single kingsize room near the entry, and they have lower priced doubles towards the back.

There is an indoor pool, and hottub. But we did not try it out, but from the sounds of the kids splashing and carrying on it must have been fun.

Guests get a free REAL breakfast in the morning in the large atrium. There is not a lot of choice, but you can get a heaping pile of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and oatmeal. Along with juices, milk and coffee. There may be a wait at the peak rush in the morning. We had to wait in line about 10 minutes. I can imagine there being a long wait during busy travel times.

Access is easy off of I-40, and there are a lot of eating establishments a short drive away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fifth Season Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!