“Wasnt worth our time” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6801 West Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Ranked #48 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Wasnt worth our time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My partner our friends and myself stayed here for valentines day we called and reserved the hotel. They charged us extra once we got there. I noticed the ceilings were leaki mg right away, we had to wait for almost an hour for only one extra towel and the sauna was broken the advertising mentioned flat screen tv and wasnt plus there was a drug deal right outside our window!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Amarillo may have a hidden gem motel that is both cheap and clean but God only knows where it is! If it hadn't been Saturday night, everywhere else either booked or way overpriced and I hadn't been exhausted and cranky from the road I would have RUN upon seeing just the parking lot! There were the roughest sort of people you can imagine staying here and hanging outside; bikers (not the kind that take care of their hygiene or bikes), druggies, gangsters, super poor people who looked like they were starving, on the run, or broke down for real with 5 kids (not like the phonies that ask you for money in parking lots). These people needed help like the souls of our politicians need saving! I was sure that we were going to get killed for our skins but actually the room we got was in the quietest possible section with the cleanest possible room. Ok, so by our normal standards it was neither but comparing(!) to what looked like was going on in other rooms we got really lucky! We stayed and actually rested so what more can I tell you? Check the room before you commit and if you have a little more to spend you most likely will be happier elsewhere; though you won't have as good of a story to tell your grand kids!

Room Tip: Our room was located all the way to the back close to the end/stairs but it wasn't a problem. Ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Do not stay here! Just keep looking!!! The sheets are full of holes and stained,there are holes in the ceiling, the pool is nasty, the carpet smells of urine, every game in the game room doesn't work and the front desk won't return your money, the vending machines don't work either, most of the windows are broken, and the list goes on and on. I booked this room thru a hotel site and It said it was 3 stars, I even called the site to make sure it was a good place to stay. We were traveling and 3 hours away and would be tired when we got there. We had to ask for towels since none were in the room, we got pool towels. My husband was tired from driving and we just decided since we had already paid to suck it up for the night and leave early in the morning. I couldn't sleep because the room felt so dirty. I talked to the manager in the morning and he said, "well if it was so bad then why did we stay there" really???!!! Not even addressing my legit concerns of everything wrong with the place. I talked to several of the other guest and they all were fooled by the 3 star rating too. Please if you ever listen to a review, listen to this one and DO NOT stay at this nasty hotel!!!!! I would rather sleep in my suv than stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Just keep looking
Kermit, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again if it was free!! $100.00 a night, and there was kids playing up and down the halls, screaming, using the luggage cart for a go-cart down the hallway, throwing stuff off the balcony into the game room. I called the front desk at 1:45 a.m. and told them what was going on, the attendant at the desk acted like it pissed her off that I had called!!! Finally, at 3:00 a.m., the noise subsided enough that we could finally get so e sleep! The blankets on the beds were dirty and scorched from an iron, took them off and asked for more blankets, they brought us bedspreads!!! Remote wouldn't work the tv....went to breakfast, it was like eating shoe leather. Left to go visit family, huge pile of puke at the side-entrance door, and, 2 days later, it's still there!!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!!
Powhatan, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family booked this hotel and it seemed to be great online. When we arrived it was another story completely. To begin, the a/c units for the hotel have been non operational for over two months. With the hotel a/c not working, it made the room a/c inadequate. The rooms were very dark and dingy. The whole hotel had a terrible odor. The lights worked on and off and were beyond our control. The shower rod was falling off the wall and the shower head was only five feet from the ground. There were too few electrical outlets in the room and there was an extension cord connecting several major electrical items (microwave, fridge and double lamps). The trim around the door was falling off.
The beds in the room was hard as a rock and had no give whatsoever. The pillows were thin and would have had better support with a rolled up towel. When requesting additional linens or pillows was told that there were not any additional ones to be had. The furniture was badly damaged and was in terrible shape. The sheets did not fit the beds. The towels were the pool towels and were rough as sandpaper.
The ice machines in the building were non-operational. After closer inspection, there was mineral buildup in the chute, drain spout and looks as if it has never been cleaned.
The ceramic tiles for the flooring was cracked, loose or missing throughout.
The fence around the pool was propped up with steel rods which were posing a danger to those walking by.
After looking around the hotel, I noticed a lot more issues. The ceiling tiles were falling down. The concrete steps to the were broken and the steel was sticking out of the steps. There were holes in the walls throughout the building. The windows were busted throughout the building.
The pool was dark and dingy. I could not see my kids when they went under water and I limited their activity in the pool since it was so disgusting. The lifesaver was completely damaged and smelled like a wet dog. The rungs on the ladder for the pool were missing and made it impossible to leave in the deep end of the pool.
There was mold and mildew around the pool and hot tub areas. There was a second hot tub in the pool area but was in bad shape and not being used.
The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal and juice. The food looked completely unappetizing.
I would definitely bypass this hotel and go to a chain. The best thing for this hotel is to be torn down and build again with owners that care.

Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

What a disappointment. We stopped here because they advertised rooms for $39.00. At check in I could have upgraded to a room in the atrium for another $40.00 but choose to stay for $39.00. We got into our room and it was basically clean. The carpet felt unclean. The room screamed 1980's! There was one wall that was blood red and the others were a yellowish color. The security lock was a joke. I noticed AFTER my husband took a shower that the ceiling above the tub/shower had black mold. (see pictures). The bed was hard as a rock. There were TWO lamps in the entire room. When the mold was brought to the attention of the morning desk clerk her response was "I'll let them know". I travel across the country a couple of times a year and stay in many different motels and this rates right there at the bottom of my list. I have stayed here before and opted for the upgrade to the atrium...I guess I should have this time too. The room also reeked of cigarette smoke. There were people standing outside their rooms having a beer, although things never got loud. This place was one step away from being a dump. I have marked in my atlas not to stay here again, even in the upgraded rooms. You have to wonder what the covered up with their "upgrade". How many more rooms have black mold! I would recommend you stay away from this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Selden, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is in the process of renovation. The front area that has been renovated is very rich looking but doesn't represent the rest of the building that hasn't been renovated. We used a coupon from Hotels.com and received an excellent rate that included a hot breakfast. The coupon earned you a room in the part of the hotel that hasn't been renovated. The first room we got had a disgusting odor that turned out to be mildew. We contacted the desk and received a room on the second floor. We used the elevator and a luggage cart and got in the room and had a pleasant and clean smell. The front desk staff apologized for the first room and acted in a very well trained professional manner. This room was very clean and everything was in working order. I imagine that once the hotel is renovated the rooms will be a bit higher priced and probably worth it. They need to have microwaves and refrigerators in all the rooms not just the higher priced rooms. I would look for another place until all renovations are done. The first room had a bathroom door that you couldn't get out of until you played around with it. The second room had a loose bathroom faucet but everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fifth Season Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!