“My go-to hotel in Amarillo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Palestine, TX
“My go-to hotel in Amarillo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I like the convenient location to I-40. Despite being close, it is not noisy. I have never had a bad room or service. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. There is not a TON of parking in front, but the overall space is adequate. You can walk to a couple of restaurants from here or hop on I-40 and eat anywhere in < 5 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ManagerHIE-AMA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We are pleased to be your "go to hotel" and appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. This is the kind of review that keeps my staff excited about customer service.
Kashion Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Haven't been really happy with Holiday Inn Express in the past couple of years, but this is definitely an exception. Big clean rooms, an excellent staff, and a couple of decent restaurants within walking distance. Still the same old tired breakfast. Hotels of this class should do better than this. Sleep quality would have been a 5 if the pillows would have been better. Bed was excellent. If you are staying in Amarillo, I think this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

First, the positives.
Pretty new hotel and it was very clean. It's also really easy to find and there are restaurants that aren't fast food with in walking distance. The staff was very polite, ultra friendly and helpful.

I really didn't sleep very well though, because there was a gigantic gap under and about a third of the way up the door which allowed light from the hallway to pour into the room. Also, there was a really annoying tapping in the pipes in the bathroom that could be heard from the bedroom area. As is the case with most HIE, the comforter was very thin (pretty much just a heavy sheet) and the walls were also very thin (I could hear the TV in the room next to mine).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ManagerHIE-AMA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Littleamen,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are pleased you had a great experience with our staff and would love to see you stay with us again. We will be looking into the gap in the door and the noise levels from the plumbing. Guest comments are always a great tool that keeps us up on our improvements.

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After a long day of touring the Panhandle, it was nice to arrive at the Holiday Inn Express. A well-lit parking lot and inviting entrance were a good start. Friendly and efficient desk staff, clean room, great bed! Breakfast was as expected, and the dining room was spotless even though it was the end of the breakfast time. My only beef (a tiny one) was that the clock in our room wasn't set, and I could not figure it out. But I will stay here again next time I come to Amarillo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lubbock09,

Thank you for the outstanding review! Our staff takes great pride in our property and the services we provide. We also take pride in the small details, so thank you for letting us know about your clock! We would love to see you on your next trip through Amarilllo.

great midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

After a long 12 hours on the road, my husband and I decided to stay here for the night, and what an incredible treat it was!! We had a standard king room, and it was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in - king-size pillow top mattress, frig, microwave, even a little sink in the room - a tiny kitchenette! This experience totally sold us on staying in Holiday Inn Expresses on the road. The front deck clerk was wonderfull, as was the hot breakfast buffet the following morning. This stay was the perfect way to begin our long road trip - well rested!

Room Tip: Loved the king room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
niceville, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The first time we stayed in this hotel it was a wonderful experience. A year later we left the hotel the same night. The room was clean and large just as we had expected, but the clanking noise that kept repeating, almost like someone tapping on a pipe with a wrench, was unbearable. Now between my husband and I, well, I am the picky one, so anyone that hears that it was my husband who decided we must leave knows it surely was bad. I reached out to the cocky desk clerk in regards to the noise and she said all the rooms on the 3rd floor hear the noise. I asked if we could change rooms, and I was told they were full and there were no rooms. My husband phoned 15 mins later and was laughed at and told he could come get ear plugs. Hmm...he went downstairs and was gone for a while so I decided to go down to the desk myself. I walk up and hear the clerk tell another couple, "I will give you this room and I will just give them (us) your room". After I questioned her I found out there had been a room available when I first asked...she just didn't want to help...she was eating. So, we moved to our new handicaped room...I was disgusted by the dark, smelly room. The furnature was placed in way that a wheel chair person could not move about. I can not believe they would put people in that depressing atmosphere. So, we left.

Room Tip: I would avoid the upper floors just in case the wind blows
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerHIE-AMA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
murch1: Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize again for your experience at our hotel. Immediate corrective measures were taken to assure this type of situation does not occur in the future. Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction are very important to us and I apologize for the behavior of the agents you dealt with. If you are willing, I would love for you to stay with us in the future so that we may attempt to win you back over!
806.322.3050
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Perfect really describes this hotel!! It was so clean, as soon as you walked in the door it smelled clean. The room was nice and extremely clean. The front desk staff were extremely nice. Bathroom was awesome and the shower head was so nice. This will be my hotel of choice when in Amarillo!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!