“The employees deserve a raise!” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, United States
“The employees deserve a raise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The front desk hostess, Kristen, provided whatever we asked for. She was quick to respond to a noise problem in the hall. The noise was gone right after we called her. The room was clean and the price was right. Olivia did a good job.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Convenient hotel near lots of restaurants. Easy to access from highway. Wifi worked well. Dog-friendly, but doesn't smell like it! Includes breakfast with decent coffee, too. Perfect spot to say in when traveling across the country.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

seattle, washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Friendly, comfortable and clean. The room was perfect after 10 hours of driving. Loved that I could open the windows (with screens) that brought in fresh air. Very pet and family friendly. Pool and spa were big and filled with kids which for the adults wasn't fun but for the kids it was. Places to eat within walking distance and the breakfast was very yummy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ended up here because I made a mistake on my reservation at Homewood Suites and I am glad that I did. I was welcomed immediately and the front reception lady did her absolute best to accommodate my requests. I travel a lot for business and stay at many different hotels all over Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma and I will certainly keep an eye out for this hotel chain. I stayed in a suite and it was very large with a nice living area and separate bedroom. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the room was clean, no complaints. The bathroom is a bit small but definitely nothing worth fretting over. I looked at the indoor pool/spa area and it was clean and welcoming. To my surprise at 4:30 a.m. I called the front desk and inquired if there was any fresh coffee and yes there was. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked our room thru hotels.com and got a good rate. My only complaint is that I confirmed with the hotel and hotels.com that pets were allowed. They're allowed but at an additional fee. Not cool. Room is decent and clean overall. Very quiet even though it's full.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel on the 24th it was a clean and quite the Lady at the front Desk (Sandra) was very professional and made checking in and my stay there a very stress free trip without having the worries of dealing with any issues.. Highly recommend this Hotel!!! They are helpful with long stay renovations also...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Altus, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I made reservations at this hotel in MAY for Jume 18021st. !!!!!! I asked the women if I would indeed recieve the room I reserved and she assured me yes I would!!! We arrived on the 18th, recieved our key and went to our room. IT WAS NOT WHAT WE RESERVED!!!! Returned to the front desk and told them there must be a mistake that we had reserved a KING SMOKING room. My husband is 6'5" so a KING IS A MUST!!!! We were informed that the quest that had been in our reserved room had decided to extend his stay and they couldn't very well kick him out of the hotel! I didn't want him kicked out, I wanted the room I reserved.I even called the main office and was told the same nonsence!!!! They had no other King smoking rooms. Why they couldn't have merely moved him to the room they gave us was beyond me!!! We ended up with 2 full size beds that were way to short for my husband and hard as concrete!!! We did not get a decent nights sleep the three days we were there!!1 I had free wifi a total of 1 day then it stopped working!!! For some reason they couldn't fix it!! We were not given a do not disturb sign. It was quiet. We did not utilize the pool or free breakfast. I was terribly frustrated and disappointed in the service and the room,. The staff pretty much told me there was nothing they could do! So for three days my poor husband slept with his legs hanging off the bed from the calf down!!! We both had terrible back aches from the bed!! The second day we showered and were getting ready to go explore but did not get a chance to brush our teeth or barely get dressed because the maid was pounding on the door. Who I might add spoke very very limited English! I will NEVER stay here again!!!! We made reservations in advance to assure we could get the room we requested! So you pretty much get what they want you to have!!! They could have explained to the gentleman that if he wanted to extend his stay that was fine but he would have to move to another room since the one he was in was reserved!!!! What a JOKE!!!! Don't bother staying here!!! Better off going to a cheap hotel and probably get a better nights sleep!!!! It is a beautiful building out of high traffic so the noise was minimal. Not nice ebough to wndure this kind of service and inconsistency!!! We have travelled extensively and had occasion to have to extend our stay and were told at other hotels they would be glad to accomadate us but that a room change would be needed since it was already reserved!

Room Tip: Don't count on getting the room you reserve!!!!! The value for the quality of room we recieved w...