“Really Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Really Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ended up here because I made a mistake on my reservation at Homewood Suites and I am glad that I did. I was welcomed immediately and the front reception lady did her absolute best to accommodate my requests. I travel a lot for business and stay at many different hotels all over Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma and I will certainly keep an eye out for this hotel chain. I stayed in a suite and it was very large with a nice living area and separate bedroom. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the room was clean, no complaints. The bathroom is a bit small but definitely nothing worth fretting over. I looked at the indoor pool/spa area and it was clean and welcoming. To my surprise at 4:30 a.m. I called the front desk and inquired if there was any fresh coffee and yes there was. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked our room thru hotels.com and got a good rate. My only complaint is that I confirmed with the hotel and hotels.com that pets were allowed. They're allowed but at an additional fee. Not cool. Room is decent and clean overall. Very quiet even though it's full.

Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel on the 24th it was a clean and quite the Lady at the front Desk (Sandra) was very professional and made checking in and my stay there a very stress free trip without having the worries of dealing with any issues.. Highly recommend this Hotel!!! They are helpful with long stay renovations also...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Altus, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I made reservations at this hotel in MAY for Jume 18021st. !!!!!! I asked the women if I would indeed recieve the room I reserved and she assured me yes I would!!! We arrived on the 18th, recieved our key and went to our room. IT WAS NOT WHAT WE RESERVED!!!! Returned to the front desk and told them there must be a mistake that we had reserved a KING SMOKING room. My husband is 6'5" so a KING IS A MUST!!!! We were informed that the quest that had been in our reserved room had decided to extend his stay and they couldn't very well kick him out of the hotel! I didn't want him kicked out, I wanted the room I reserved.I even called the main office and was told the same nonsence!!!! They had no other King smoking rooms. Why they couldn't have merely moved him to the room they gave us was beyond me!!! We ended up with 2 full size beds that were way to short for my husband and hard as concrete!!! We did not get a decent nights sleep the three days we were there!!1 I had free wifi a total of 1 day then it stopped working!!! For some reason they couldn't fix it!! We were not given a do not disturb sign. It was quiet. We did not utilize the pool or free breakfast. I was terribly frustrated and disappointed in the service and the room,. The staff pretty much told me there was nothing they could do! So for three days my poor husband slept with his legs hanging off the bed from the calf down!!! We both had terrible back aches from the bed!! The second day we showered and were getting ready to go explore but did not get a chance to brush our teeth or barely get dressed because the maid was pounding on the door. Who I might add spoke very very limited English! I will NEVER stay here again!!!! We made reservations in advance to assure we could get the room we requested! So you pretty much get what they want you to have!!! They could have explained to the gentleman that if he wanted to extend his stay that was fine but he would have to move to another room since the one he was in was reserved!!!! What a JOKE!!!! Don't bother staying here!!! Better off going to a cheap hotel and probably get a better nights sleep!!!! It is a beautiful building out of high traffic so the noise was minimal. Not nice ebough to wndure this kind of service and inconsistency!!! We have travelled extensively and had occasion to have to extend our stay and were told at other hotels they would be glad to accomadate us but that a room change would be needed since it was already reserved!

Room Tip: Don't count on getting the room you reserve!!!!! The value for the quality of room we recieved w...
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This beautiful hotel is easy access to I-40 highway and near many resturants. The staff is very freindly and accommodating to your needs. The place is extremely clean including the large indoor pool area. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amarillo.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. They staff were all polite, courteous, efficient and helpful. Breakfast had a nice variety and for the most part, that staff was efficient, too. Even when the dining area seemed crowded, they kept up with the dishes, etc.
Our room was nice, quiet despite lots of children in the hotel, and well kept for the 4 nights we stayed. You know, sometimes you walk into a room and it just doesn't 'feel' clean? This one felt clean! I'd choose this hotel next time with no hesitation!

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevator on the second floor and NEVER heard it!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to your next when you are in Amarillo again. Thank You, Jamie Marrs GM
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The property from the outside looked very charming and nice. Lobby area was "country inviting" with charm. As you entered, the small lobby area looked like a country inn, and had that quaint look that you would expect. Our room was in the second floor.... and that's when the "charm" came to an end. The second floor was musty, and smelled of old dirty carpet. We entered the room, which from first appearances appeared roomy and nice. However, once you actually entered the room, the musty smell hit you. Although, nothing appeared "dirty" (not the housekeeper-so please don't reprimand her- if you read this review) The issue was the carpet was disgusting, the bedding choice was unsanitary, the walls were in need of touch ups..... and let's not discuss the smell.....! The hotel rates itself as a 3 star Hotel, however, they still use 1 to 2 star bed covers! They had a nasty looking bed cover, (motel # style) with a waffle textured blanket that sat on top of a thin sheet. I was so grossed out, a duvet would be more sanitary, and would insure that you didn't have to sleep with a blanket that I am sure does not get washed every single time it's used. I could hardly sleep, as the thin sheet shifted in the night, I would find myself wrapped directly in the waffle dirty blanket! I hardly slept! (almost all 3 star hotels, have moved to using duvets- so it's pretty standard practice). I could not get out of there fast enough. My asthma and allergies were out of control- so if you suffer from either- you may want to skip this hotel. Lastly, to be fair the only positive- they had a nice breakfast which offered a little more selections than usual, and the restaurant area was tidy and clean. However, even the breakfast and coffee, didn't make up for the lack of sleep, the stuffy nose, the cough, and the feeling that I needed a good shower when I got home!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a great experience when staying here. Please feel free to contact hotel and ask for Jamie Marrs Gm to discuss this matter. Thank again for your comments.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Amarillo? Share your experiences!