You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Soncy Rd, Amarillo, TX 79121   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
“Roomy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found our room to be unexpectedly roomy! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The pool was nice and breakfast was great. Staff is very friendly and the hotel is located near several nice restaurants. My only complaint would be the carpets seem to be a bit worn and dirty.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Check-in was fast and efficient. The front desk agent was friendly. We ended up in an accessible room, which was a little roomier than we usually get. The beds were comfy, breakfast was great, and the pool was fun. Overall, a great night's stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was hoping to get the HIE west Amarillo on Hotwire but instead I got this one. Although I had plenty of room to park my truck and boat without unhitching it I was somewhat leery about leaving it here. There is a large body shop and junk yard next door and the location is not your typical suburban locale. The hotel is decent looking outside and the lobby is country cute but the room was not a 3 star by any means. I was so tired that I just didn't complain. The carpet is dingy and the walls have been touched up with the wrong paint many many times. The bathroom door was delaminating because it gets sprayed with the water from the shower. Yea the bathroom is that small. Perhaps other rooms were nicer, I did get in real late but I would not willingly choose this location now that I have stayed. It is not gross, it just isn't that great. The breakfast was exactly what you would expect in similar establishments...Powdered eggs, those sausage patties and the usual waffle thing. Next time through I will fork over the extra cash and go with the hotel I was hoping for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. Your comments are valued and will be used for improvments in the future. To discuss your stay further please contact hotel directly and ask for Jamie Marrs, GM.
Lufkin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Made plans to explore Palo Duro Canyon but needed a hotel in the city for roving accommodations. The hotel itself was average, but we chose this one based on a previous accommodation at their Galveston, Texas location. Our room was about spotless and the cleaning staff was very accommodating. The pool was not the cleanest but it served the purpose, along with the spa. Being first-time visitors to Amarillo, the location was the best, allowing easy access in every direction. We had some reaction to pet dander, but nothing serious. I will no longer choose a hotel that is pet friendly as I am of the opinion that a hotel is not equipped to board both owners and their pets. Though our room looked spotless, the first thing we noticed was a cat turd that was not cleaned prior to our check in. The breakfast buffet was above average but the staff could not keep up with all their guests.

Room Tip: We checked into a room on the first floor, which was requested, about half way between the lobby and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I don't know what I expected, but I had a WONDERFUL visit here. The room was terrific, the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff couldn't have been nicer. This is where I'll be staying from now on when I'm traveling through Amarillo!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a good location, with a great hot tub, and pet friendly. This was our second stay, we come to town every 2 months and decided this will be our regular hotel.
Until this second stay.
Absolute WORST hotel experience.
We thought we got a free upgrade after first nights stay. Just found out they upgraded, NOT for free. Otherwise we would've left for that price.
In the end we had to move rooms twice. Went thru 2 maintence men. Last night a wind going thru an air vent closet leak in the room was causing that door and the front door to bang shut, even locked because of wiggle room. That last move was at 2am.
When complaining to desk lady she rolled eyes, told me everyone's doors did that when wind came (that makes it ok?!). I stood in hallway and ours was the only one. You could hear it from 7 doors down. Called corporate and 5 minutes later a room miraculously came open after she said there was nothing she could do, no rooms vacant. Desk lady was horrible.
So basically.
2 rooms. Charged for upgrades with no warning. One of which was a smoking room! Gross and stinky. 2 maintence men. Howling windows. Doors that don't shut and bang. Desk lady who not helpful or even apologetic. Rolls eyes and walks away instead of talking to you.
Over $400 for 3 nights. Absolutely no help. Not even a late check out after moving rooms at 2am.
I can't believe this lady has a job acting like she did. This hotel was highway robbery.

• Stayed April 2014
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. It is our goal to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay with us. Please contact hotel dierectly and ask for Jamie Marrs, GM.
Roseau, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stopped without a reservation. The gal at the desk not only was super nice to deal with, she went out of her way to go online and transfer some of my points for a discount! Great service, great rooms and nice location for restaurants. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014