“What a surprising delight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casita Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
La Casita Del Sol
1607 Harrison, Amarillo, TX 79102   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Amarillo B&B and Inns
Amarillo, Texas
“What a surprising delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If I needed a place for out-of-town guests or for a special occasion, I would go to La Casita del Sol and its innkeeper, Bonnie. Bonnie has created a haven of good taste, unusual and artistic decor,, and welcoming comfort. Besides being an inveterate renovator, Bonnie is an accomplished cook. The inn has welcomed bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations, as well as overnight guests in one of its three cozy and beautifully decorated rooms. The King Suite is suitable for even honeymooners. The yard-garden takes up two lots, is surrounded by an adobe wall, has a grape arbor and cedar potting shed, along with a teepee for the two garden cats. Bonnie makes delicious jams for sale, having such flavors as strawberry-rhubarb, raspberry-jalapeno, or ginger-apricot. Breakfast is served either in the kitchen or at the dining table. Guests can relax in a colorful living room,or the foyer. TV and Wifi available. La Casita is located two blocks off I-40 in an older neighborhood with brick streets.

Room Tip: All rooms have garden view. Despite being near downtown and two interstates, La Casita is an oasis...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Don't be put off by outside appearance & neighborhood. This is very comfortable, great hosess & excellent breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenks, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We spent the night in the La Casita Del Sol on our way to Santa Fe, NM. It was a great place to stay. We enjoyed the hospitality and great personal touches around the living areas. The breakfast was good and got us off to our destination with a smile on our faces. Give it a try, don't forget to go out back and look at the court yard. It is very nice and peaceful. Nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Look at all of the rooms. We stayed in the "La Encantada" It is the largest room. You w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Bed was super comfy. The breakfast was fantastic. Want to come here again. Homemade pork green chile with eggs, homemade biscuits & jam, fruit plate, juice and of course coffee. Bonnie was a great conversationalist. Although we only met I feel like I've known her for years. Easy on/off I-40.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed there this February in the Ralph Dundee Room. We chose this room because of the jacuzzi tub. But when we got there we found out that the bathroom is seperate from the actual room. This defeated the purpose of the jacuzzi tub because my husband and I felt a little uncomfortable. This was the only thing that was a surprise to us. Other then that the breakfast was amazing and the grounds were beautiful even in the winter time. I did also realize that the price that was pisted on the website ($105) and I was actually charged $135. I'm not sure what this is all about either. But, Bonnie is a wonderful host and I hope her business continues to flourish. I would have given this B&B a 5 if these problems hadn't occured.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We love Bonnie and her pristine, beautiful B&B, and we've been coming here for years. We want her to be successful in her business but we're hesitant to share, because once you stay here, you'll never want to stay anywhere else -- and therefore there might not be room for us! However, it is such a find, and Trip Advisor has been immensely helpful for us in our travels around the U.S. and the world. We thought we needed to do you all a favor and let you know about this great stop between Texas and New Mexico or Colorado.

Room Tip: We love the cloud room, but I'm sure others are great.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Casita on our way back through Amarillo and wished we could have been there longer. Bonnie has lovingly restored this home and we thought it was perfect. Would definitely recommend The Garden Room. It was very spacious and very comfortable. The food is absolutely delicious and Bonnie is a great host. We felt very welcomed. This is the place to stay in Amarillo!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Casita Del Sol? Share your experiences!